[Solved] "Crazy bad" vulnerability in windows discovered by google - here's the fix

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pf100, May 9, 2017.

1. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Nope! The
    The most important thing is the swift patch before hackers exploited that avenue. The quick time it takes to fix the issue is not the usual Microsoft way of doing business with regard to the past and that is very commendable.

Other AVs are as vulnerable as Windows Defender , if not even worse in some cases and I doubt it is the worse security tool ever. However, people are entitled to their opinions.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. dmex

dmex MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Is it really "opinion" when you can prove it?

4. NsaFarm

NsaFarm MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2017
    I have not heard of a single A/V that causes the malware it scans to run. If anyone can find anything like that please share. I know some malware would disable your A/V when you run it or got hit by IE exploits long ago but that's it.

5. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Rhetorical questions can be very coercing at times. Meanwhile, my understanding is that many anti-virus tools failed to detect and delete 'Surabaya' virus during it initial attacks.

6. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Well, I think you know what I mean--in no way is running no AV program "safer" than running one which may not block a single instance of a malware program temporarily...but secondly, it is also *not* better to run more than one AV/Malware program simultaneously! Lots of people think that if they have two or three AV programs running they are 300% safer--but they are probably 300% "less safe"--because what happens is that very often (if not always), these programs conflict with each other and often the result can be paralysis--a condition where *none* of them are capable of stopping the malware/viruses...the most virus-malware computer I've ever seen in my entire life--I kid you not--had *five* so-called malware/AV programs installed and trying to run at the same time. Incredible the conclusions people will reach, sometimes...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Please put [Solved] in the thread title, because it's no longer actual.

8. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Done.

9. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    A strange game.The only winning move is not to play.