1. lapone

lapone MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014
  2. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lapone

lapone MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014
    I used StopWinUpdates v2.5.exe, which is the last version I believe

4. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Is the system "Home or Pro or Enterprise" ? also is the download happen via system or via wsusoffline ? maybe wsusoffline change the settings ?

Try to use StopWinUpdates v2.5 only without running wsusoffline see if any updates will be installed

If it's working try for example WuMgr to check updates and see if any download will happen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lapone

lapone MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014
    lol I went away from the computer for 40 minutes, and windows LTSC updated again the audio driver to the realtek driver.
    II recall I had the group policy explicitly to No for both system updates and driver updates.

I will do a fresh install of LTSC. THe iso I used is from MDL
    en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03.iso
    and it dates from april. THis time I will not use wsusoffline. I will leave the install to april update + stock options of StopWinUpdates v2.5 . IF this works, I will do a clean install of this iso, then update to november [I have kept the wsusoffline dating back to november] then use stock StopWinUpdates v2.5.
    I expect no auto driver update from these 2 situations.
    THen I will do a clean install + wsusoffline (probably with the january updates) + stock StopWinUpdates v2.5.

6. lapone

lapone MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014
    I think it is a false alarm. It was the Dell Update - Application which was set to auto update drivers. I disabled it and I will see if realtek+dolby are installed again.

7. Slogra

Slogra MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2016
    Hey guys

I ran this thang a few weeks ago and havent been bothered by any updates since, but now I thought id check for some security updates but when i run it again and press enable on everything and reboot, it wont allow me to enter the windows update menu...

If i click on Update & Security in settings nothing happens, it literally wont let me into the menu. I guess theres some policy or registry left thats blocking it?

8. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Check Update Orchestrator Service see if you can start it, if not then check permissions here also "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsoSvc" right click on UsoSvc then Permissions see if administrators have full access also

9. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #189 BALTAGY, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    (OP)
    First post updated to v2.6
    - Added More registry to disable Automatic Device Driver Installation
    - Separated Delivery Optimization from windows update option

From the test it seems Delivery Optimization help speedup store download speed specially with large files like games

Update:
    If you want to enable Delivery Optimization after using old tool version run the tool then enable Delivery Optimization then run the tool again and disable everything and uncheck Delivery Optimization

Since Windows update tab and Delivery Optimization have same registry to hide you will need to run the tool twice to hide Windows update tab in settings

If you will use the tool for the first time just uncheck Delivery Optimization option

Thanks for @sungerbob for testing

10. sungerbob

sungerbob MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2014
    With version 2.6, you will get automatic defender updates in exchange for enabling delivery optimization. If you didn't enable Delivery Optimization, your download speed will be staggered while downloading windows store games, apps etc.

11. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    First post updated to v2.7
    - Fixed Windows update tab in settings don't hide while Delivery Optimization is not checked

Sorry about this fast update

12. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017
    For me version 2.6 dont work properly. W.D updates cant be seen in scheduler. What do i do wrong.

13. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #193 BALTAGY, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    (OP)
    What scheduler you talking about ? also if you enable windows defender update in the tool it should update every 6 hours

Also v2.6/2.7 have nothing changed except more registry to block driver updates and Delivery Optimization

14. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Windows scheduler. I cant see anything there.

How do i know it will update besides waiting?

This i first time use for me.

15. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
  16. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    What's your system version and build ? 32 or 64 ? home or pro or enterprise ? more info pls

17. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    If your not gonna give me info to know why it didn't work, how i can help ?

Anyway try to run it as administrator

18. sungerbob

sungerbob MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2014
    What IS NOT working on your laptop? This tool disables AUTOMATIC UPDATES and it serves it's purpose. You CAN'T disable automatic windows defender updates except removing it.
    Show us something useful like update history, logs etc. If you don't know how to find it probably you don't know what are you doing.

19. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @BALTAGY

My friend is going to bring her laptop back to me this morning. She said the sound issue is back due to a windows update or driver update.

I'm just informing you in advance so you can get ready, if you like of course, to have a look remotely.

Windows 10 1909 Home Single Language (Spanish Mexico)