I'm sure about i connected to internet only after disabling the updates and restart.

1. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    First post updated to v2.2
    Added more registry to disable Automatic Device Driver Installation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. i tested again and it seems to work this time fine

3. some feedback,
    first of all, i want you to feel free to not feel obliged to the following suggestions, it just my personnel opinion,
    This tool disables windows update page in settings, and I'm not happy with this because it can cause some problems in future, for example.
    this disabling update page trick is already causing problem in LTSB 2016 as it leads to broken update page in settings,
    and the reason for this problem was that an update caused this problem but your tool work fine in ltsb 2016 without installed updates.
    i think this same problem can also happen in 1803 and a future update can lead to broken update page in settings.

personally i think that only bare minimum settings should be touched to disable updates but this tool seems like doing unnecessary things like disabling update page which isn't needed.
    i request you to pls keep only bare minimum things in your tool to deal with the updates.

4. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    On LTSB 2016 it's not hide update page is the problem, it's because the page can't get the info so it can open, in newer Win10 builds it close only once but not sure if it will keep that way

Hide update page is to avoid the close problem if the user open it to open defender or other tabs

There's nothing i can do about older Win10 builds since hide update page is not there except the user can search for any other option and not click the update page

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. isn't it possible to not disable update page and still disable updates as it is doing currently.

6. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    It's possible but it wont fix update page being closed, so no point of showing it

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @BALTAGY

May I ask you to post SHA-256 or SHA-3 please? In the first post?
    You know just to make sure about its integrity when downloading it.

8. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Added: CRC32, MD5, SHA-1 for the exe

9. Raur

Raur MDL Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Thanks @BALTAGY! Does it work in Win10 Home and below editions?

10. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    I don't have home edition but it should work

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I've been monitoring so to speak, two customers' laptops I "nuked and paved" recently, say approximately 2 weeks ago, one the very same day v2.2 was released. I left them running W10 1709 Home Single Language + last CU from that date.
    StopWinUpdates set to allow WD and Store Updates, anything else disabled.
    I've been asking 2 times since then and they say all it's just fine as expected.

They're end users with no skills to monitor such things properly but I hope those tweaks keep doing their work.

What I fear most is a major version upgrade trying to infiltrate. Crossed fingers it won't. :tooth:

12. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    It should not happen only if you updated manually and things changed with this update or a new version that also have things changed

Since they don't know how to manually install updates then everything will keep working

When a new version come up as final i will test it to see if anything need to be updated

13. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Of course, this is so obvious @BALTAGY . I expect customers won't update anything manually (they don't know how to).
    And yes, rest assured Microsoft is watching all threads in here especially those related to WU and they will change anything to break the programs' functionalities. LOL.

14. ronen1n

ronen1n MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    i disabled the updates and than enabeld it and now i can see the windows update but cant see anything in it

15. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    You need to restart the system after enabling the update

16. ronen1n

ronen1n MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    i know didnt help
    tried severl times
    i have version 2.2 and windwos 1803

17. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Check if Update Orchestrator Service is running or not

18. ronen1n

ronen1n MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    no and i cant start it

19. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Check the service registry permission here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsoSvc

See if administrators have full control