1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @BALTAGY

Just do not despair my friend. Do not despair when complaints or questions come up and you can't reproduce. People do mess with their systems somehow or get chopped isos then when an error shows up apparently your program/work is the culprit. If you can't reproduce, accept it and move on.

Point of this comment is when someone despairs he can stop making a great work such as yours. This would be such a pity. o_O

2. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #122 BALTAGY, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    (OP)
    I'm sure something happen prevented him from editing this service, also not sure if he follow what i said carefully

I got one report similar in majorgeeks and he admit that he used another tool before mine

Checking it via TeamViewer might show what's going on if he agree

But anyway i'm sure my tool only deny the system not the user

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    This...
    o_O

4. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. godson160

godson160 MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2018
    The work and the service of @BALTAGY is excellent, go ahead with the Stopwinupdates program.

6. Demencial777

Demencial777 MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2012
    They are right, we are all really thankful for this tool, we do not worry about automatic forced updates anymore, we can install manually whenever we want and even create disk images prior to update in case something borks the system afterwards. Not to mention being able to rely on Defender (because lately some AV solutions tend to act strange on Windows) and being able to update your store apps.

Thank you so much @BALTAGY !!!! <3

7. geordienewt

geordienewt MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2018
    I've just downloaded and will give it a go on a Laptop with a clean Win10 install.
    Many thanks for your hard work and for sharing it with us.

8. Blizzard1234

Blizzard1234 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2018
    Hi Baltagy - I have run StopWinUpdates on several laptops with the latest windows 10 updates installed. When I attempt to re-activate windows updates, I am prompted with the WindowsUpdate screen however it is blank. This has happened on several of the laptops and a couple of desktops however re-running the app with the enable options does not fix the blank WindowsUpdate screen. How can I fix this? BTW thanks for helping us put a stop to automatic updates.

9. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Did you restart the system after enabling the update ?

10. Blizzard1234

Blizzard1234 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2018
    Yes - I followed all the directions repeatedly and still did not re-activate

11. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Can you check if you can start "Update Orchestrator Service" ?

12. Blizzard1234

Blizzard1234 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2018
    for got to mention that it will not start

13. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
  14. Blizzard1234

Blizzard1234 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2018
    What I did was run a script as Admin per below - could disabling Windows Updates with that script then runing your tool have caused this behaviour? Thanks again

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v AUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

sc config wuauserv start= disabled
    sc config BITS start= delayed-auto
    sc config cryptsvc start= auto
    net start bits
    net start cryptsvc
    net stop wuauserv

15. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    No, something else removed admins permissions from this registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsoSvc"

Use PowerRun to give admins permissions again, then after making sure everything works fine you can use StopWinUpdates

16. zamica

zamica MDL Member

Oct 1, 2012
    truly appreciate your work , thanks a ton

17. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
  18. lapone

lapone MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014