To those who don't know the difference between warez sites and MDL.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Dolorous Edd, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Smokva

Smokva MDL Novice

May 13, 2017
    You do have a valid point, but, I think you are missing the nuance of the thread. What I believe that they are trying to say is that MDL is first and foremost a place to gain and share tech based knowledge. And that using it simply as an alternative torrent/warez site diminishes that goal. Perhaps you should re-read some of the comments.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Dark Knight

Please use the report button to report any posts that are braking the rules. Mods are also relying on users for finding & reporting the anomalies.

3. holechien86

holechien86 MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2017
    #63 holechien86, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Don't know if this is allowed to ask that but do you know "trusted" link for "warez"? i'm looking for software cracs but i'm not sure where i should pick them.

edit : forbiden to ask. my bad.

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    READ THE DAMN RULES SO YOU WILL KNOW!!!!!

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Just my 2 cents worth.

@Everybody: If you see something, say something. This is really important, because the MODS and staff are only human.
    They work for free, out of the kindness of their hearts.

If you care about them (I know I do.) Then help them as much as you can.

@veteran members: I don't think it's fair to expect a stranger to have our love for MDL. Some of us have been here for years.
    But we're not here for the same reasons that others come. We're here because we've made friends and because we help each other.

You can't expect too much from them (n00bs). Over time, they may learn to give freely and stick around. Then, they become Veteran members like us. :)

FWIW.

Peace...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. David555

David555 MDL Junior Member

Dec 12, 2017
    If Mdl changed its policy and became some kind of warez forum promoting cracks or even genuine windows keys I would definitely not be here. The reason I'm here is because of like the atmosphere, friendliness, and that I can learn about windows.

7. riahc3

riahc3 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    We all know what this site is about. Just use it and shut up about it.

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  9. riahc3

riahc3 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
  10. xXDeadlyVenomXx

xXDeadlyVenomXx MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2018
    I came to this forum for some more in depth bios editing information, although it really seems an interesting community. Sorry to say but if you have to ask for warez than something is not right, learn how things work, history development present and future instead of just asking for stuff, I am 21 and even I know what happened in 1979-1980 and how it's related till nowadays, I guess take a good peak at this community and learning would be a very good option for some people. I am looking forward to our stayings, already experienced nice people here. :) Many Greetings
    ☮▁▂▃▄☾ ♛ ◡ ♛ ☽▄▃▂▁☮

11. Gozsmack

Gozsmack MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2018
    #71 Gozsmack, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

thank you for saying this... it's about time one of the "veterans" stood up for the "noobs"... so many of you on this forum, and pretty much every other forum seem to always forget an underlying truth - that you were once a "noob" too... so instead of being condescending and snarky to everyone that's not on your level of awesomeness, i think it's important to recognize the fact that you weren't born with the knowledge that you hold, and you had to start somewhere too. unfortunately these days, it seems impossible to escape the self righteous dbags. so thank you once again, for bringing this to everyone's attention. and thank you for being one of the "good guys"... the rest of us "noobs" very much appreciate it :)

12. Gozsmack

Gozsmack MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2018
    #72 Gozsmack, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Speaking of self righteous d-bags..

so i realize i'm new here, and most definitely not trying to be a wise guy, and i'm not second guessing anyone at all... but please educate me...

"Crack - to copy commercial software illegally by breaking (cracking) the various copy-protection and registration techniques being used."

i'm sorry how is that different from "simply taking advantage of flaws in MS activation platforms"...?

because to me it sounds like you're just lying to yourself so you can sleep better at night... i cant' see how any unbiased, objective viewer would be able to seriously say that one is any different from the other. in either case, you're utilizing "flaws" in the original proprietary software, and illegally changing stuff around so you can use it without having to pay.

sorry for bursting the bubble here... but someone's gotta say it.

what am i missing?

13. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Gozsmack: Thank you for your kind words.

I can't argue with your post. But I will say this:

The Windows loader was an incredible feat of engineering. Much like when one of the cracking groups released dongle cracks.
    But that was a long time ago. (relatively speaking)

If you want the straight story about, then pop into the chat box and ask Daz.

As far as piracy goes, MDL is very strict about it because they've received DMCA notices about other things.
    We have members from all walks of life here. Some of them are working for MS.

If it were my website, I would take a zero-tolerance stance as well. Who needs those kinds of headaches.
    I hope that explains it in a non-condescending way. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Gozsmack

Gozsmack MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2018
    ^^ like like like like like like.... see how easy that was?... dear vets and admins - ^^more of this please.
    Thanks,
    Management

jokes aside tho for real thank you for your input. i have the upmost respect for those who have the ability to create tools and programs like this, and im very grateful they do it without adding something malicious along with it. if they're getting notices telling them not to post illegal cracks and so forth - i'm with you i can't blame them for being strict. but there's a way to go about telling people this ain't that kinda place... and belittling them is not the way to do it IMO. given the similarities, it's pretty easy to see how someone could come here, and not realize that posting requests for cracked software for example - is not welcomed... as you said, if something is going on, address it. just handle it like an adult.

so.... anybody know where i can get me a cracked copy of VM Workstation?... i heard a rumor that this is the place to go if that's what i'm lookin for....
    :rifle::roflmao:

JUST KIDDING guys... (and gals)... just kidding :)

15. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    I do. Download its iso or installation files and burn them to a cd or dvd. Take the disc out of the drive and bend that son of a bitch until you head a loud noise and you will have a cracked copy of VM Workstation. :laie:

16. Well said. I think its safe to say that MDL allows only one type of crack, Windows and office cracks. Other software cracks are banned.
    And yes, First post of this thread doesn't make sense. ;)

17. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Cracks work by changing the protected software, in order to bypass restrictions. Taking advantage of flaws in the activation platform (aka exploit) is something different, as you change not a single Byte in the software.

Unfortunately, those monikers are often used in the wrong context, and many do not really understand the differences.

18. There are many 'Cracks' for software's which also don't temper or change software files and still can activate or bypass the activation. By general understanding people still call them 'Cracks' instead of Exploit.
    If we go by your definition that activation methods which work by changing the software files are called cracks and the activation methods which do not change the software files are called exploit,
    then almost half of the software cracks should be called exploit.

19. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    That's why I said, the terms are used in the wrong context.

Both cracks and exploits are illegal. You are free to discover exploits, just not use them. It becomes illeagal when you use the exploit.

It's like, one of you managed to open the front door of my house without keys. You share that knowledge (legal) but then random people start to go in my house (illegal).That's how I see it anyway.

Now, the reason Microsoft has not closed this forum is because they want users to steal/use their products. Windows user base is declining, and has been ever since 2015, when windows 10 appeared. Closing the forum would mean a decrease in user-base, as well as in popularity. They will never risk that.