Toshiba Satellite P100-106 3.30 BIOS request

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by varkanoid, Jan 16, 2011.

1. aroenai

aroenai MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    Nope, apparently the flag that enables the floppy recovery key combo isn't set so it won't even try looking at the usb floppy I have. I forget exactly where it is but I've seen it in Phoenix BIOS Editor.

2. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
  3. aroenai

aroenai MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    Have you tried using Ubuntu Linux? I had better luck with the fans on that when I was taking my Linux classes a couple semesters ago. Oh speaking of Linux, have you taken a look at fixing the bluetooh so it works without having to boot Windows first or enabling that omnibook module? (it's been a while since I've messed with Linux so I'm not even sure if that's still the case) As I recall the sound card had issues when you suspend/resume too.

4. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    #66 tqhoang, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    I don't like Debian-based distributions. I'm a Red Hat guy (RHEL/CentOS and Fedora).

I'll try a direct boot to the Fedora 14 Live CD and see if I have any problems with bluetooth or sound card.

UPDATE:
    - I don't have bluetooth on my P105-6114, so I can't test that out.
    - I was able to reproduce the sound card problem...it might be an ACPI DSDT issue...I'll see if I can figure that out...it's easy enough to test.

5. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #69 BugsB, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    @tqhoang I know it's been a long while since you've been active in this topic. I just revived an old Toshiba Satellite P100 with a 2.33 GHz Core-2-Duo and it's a good secondary Laptop. I would like to apply the DSDT Test8 BIOS you made, but the link has died in the meantime.

If you (or someone else, maybe @aroenai @varkanoid ) still have that file available, could you upload it again?

Thank you tqhoang!

6. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    @tqhoang awesome, great to hear from you. I'm traveling - can reply beginning of next week, you'll hear more from me then.

7. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    OK, I understand.
    I once had a Lenovo G500s (i5 3230, GeForce graphics) which was shipped with a legacy BIOS. Someone created a perfect UEFI BIOS for it. I sold it so I deleted any records at some point.

8. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Let me know if my DSDT Test8 BIOS worked for the bluetooth issue.

FWIW, I don't have the laptop in my possession right now, but I can probably get my hands on it soon. I'm curious if the sound card ever got fixed by current Linux distros.

9. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    @tqhoang will do - I'm traveling right now - give me a few days to respond more.

Re. Linux distros I can already tell you now that this Conexant HAS successfully been waking-up from sleep - sound still working afterwards: this was solved many years ago. I remember having installed either Ubuntu or/and Mint and was delighted that sound DID work after wake-up :) You should see once you do get a hold of your Toshi P10x.

10. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    @tqhoang finally I get to reply to you!

I was/ am very interested in your Bluetooth mods, the reason being that BT here only works after booting Windows first so that the firmware is loaded into memory, then boot Mac OS. If I cold-start Mac OS -> no BT device found.

Same thing after a sleep/wake cycle with regular and your latest non-test BIOS.

I went straight for your test-BIOS v.8, and Ya-HOO: after wake-from-sleep, BT device is found, icon immediately visible in the menu bar, and it is fully functional. AWESOME!

But still, on first boot (cold w/o starting Windows first), still no BT, regardless if the switch in the front is ON or OFF. So at least for Mac OS your TEST8.WPH mod
    Code:
       - Try to fix Bluetooth disabled for Linux on startup (if kill switch is disabled)
    doesn't do anything in Mac OS (I don't have Linux installed on that Toshi).

Here's the specs of the BT device (on USB port as I bet you are aware):

Windows:
    TOSHIBA Bluetooth Adapter: USB\VID_0930&PID_0508&REV_1915
    Microsoft Windows Bluetooth Driver 06/21/2006,10.0.14393.1198
    bth.inf | bthport.sys | BTHUSB.SYS

Mac OS X Lion:
    IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/USB3@1D,2/AppleUSBUHCI/WirelessControllerDevice@5d200000

WirelessControllerDevice@5d200000.png

This driver does NOT come with a (Broadcom or Atheros style) firmware hex file which could be injected, so I have no idea where the FW is stored and how it is supplied to the OS; and the only Toshiba Bluetooth community driver for hackintosh is for a different Toshi BT device and does not do anything here.

You must already be very close if you know how to activate BT on wake. Just by logic, that same process/ function/ [..] would need to be triggered on load, also, I'd assume?

11. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    #78 tqhoang, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Thanks for the feedback of the Bluetooth working after sleep.

I just uploaded a TEST9 BIOS for you to try (see my old post). It adds the _OSI support for Mac OS (aka "Darwin") and Windows 10 (aka "Windows 2015").