Universal MediaCreationTool wrapper script - create Windows 11 media with automatic bypass

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by AveYo, Sep 25, 2021.

1. panchop

panchop MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    check RAM XMP, personally if i set at 3200 Mhz my install fails at 48%, I had to lower the speed to 2933 Mhz for everything to go well

2. Mellipes

Mellipes MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2021
    The irony of this cant be understated. Here is M$ stating windows 11 needs the latest and greatest hardware to be installed and work, Yet (if true) you may have to underclock your RAM or it wont install.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

3. panchop

panchop MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    No, the problem is on QVL ram for motherboard XD

4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    I have decided to rework the script in order to prevent issues stemming from non-canonical paths i.e. with special characters and accents that ntfs allows, but are particularly bad for scripts.
    Specially when elevation is involved (when even windows itself has troubles handling it).

The updated script I just pushed should work around most issues I've managed to reproduce.
    Now C:\ESD is always used as a work folder, and the original script path is preserved and used when needing to create an iso.
    Some path I've used to run the script from and create iso:
    E:\@DATA\DATA\OLD\TE (S) T\! ` ~ @ % & ( ) [ ] { } + = ; ' ,\! ` ~ @ % & ( ) [ ] { } + = ; ' ,\w t f\MediaCreationTool (3).bat
    ;)

Another notable change is that the script picks up a $ISO$ folder contents to add on the created media (instead of just the $OEM$ previously).
    So if you previously had stuff in $OEM$ folder next to the script, you need to move it inside $ISO$\sources\$OEM$

There's more changes specific to Windows 11:
    Went back to my older 0-byte 11 bypass as it still works in release.
    /Product Server is still used as a failsafe in auto.cmd tho - for example when copied on another media not made by the script.
    But not using /Product Server means Dynamic Update now works in 11 for unsupported PCs as well, which brings the issue of no local account on Home, just like on Dev builds.
    Luckily BypassNRO does the job. Implementation is in the :generate_AutoUnattend_xml section of the script - it gets inserted into boot.wim index 2 as to not cause issues with setup under windows.

Also fixed progress display while creating USB (with bypass): Setup UI now hides near the end, then script gives it's own USB progress, in MB - ain't that neat?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. baguettez

baguettez MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2016
    Does this also download the required ISO or that should be obtained beforehand?
    I short -- with this I can create a Windows 11 ISO with the checks already bypassed?
    Sorry if stupid question.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes, script automates the official MediaCreationTool in order to download the official ESD (electronic-software-download) and then create Windows 11 (with bypass) as ISO, or directly USB stick, or directly install on device.
    People asking questions are already miles smarter than those who don't ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. baguettez

baguettez MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2016
    Thanks!

So- nevermind :p

9. baguettez

baguettez MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2016
    Okay I was able to successfully create an ISO and install W11 with this. Since this worked for me, might as well give some feedback.
    It didn't work on LTSC 2021 Evaluation. I don't think the script is at fault, since the error occurred when the script invoked MCT and the error said "This program cannot upgrade your system", or something along those lines.
    Another very minor issue, when the script was finished, pressing Enter to continue didn't close Powershell, instead it stays with a ">" prompt, so I just had to close the window manually.

Other than that it worked fine. ;)

10. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Indeed I kinda broke the script in cascade over this weekend. But I finally sorted it out, and published a fairly stable version!
    Thank you for mentioning upgrading from Evaluation edition did not work! It used to.. but got lost over many reworks. I have also fixed it - in fact, I greatly improved the whole upgrade matrix thing.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  12. MDeaks

MDeaks MDL Member

Aug 25, 2017
    BAU ; & others in <team>
    Thanks for this; yet again, the script worked BEAUTIFULLY, in INSTALL of Windows on:
    Several Laptops oldest -Thkpd(s) with Pent2 x64 pro, to several and Len S10-2 (even one with pent 2 x32 pro). Also installed in one Older AMD laptop- just for 2 C !
    Thanks again

13. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
  14. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #54 IXMas, Mar 31, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  15. GaGiLu

GaGiLu MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2017
  16. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
  17. MDeaks

MDeaks MDL Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Hello ....

While I have been happily "Upgrading" <<using most of tools /tips/scripts from the Amazing pple here >> and helping my co-workershome computers to Win11 Pro......from Windows 10 <<

I came across my own OLDER WORKSTATION.
    Its an older THINKSTAION (with-i7gen6 series pro'sor) and a THINKPAD P17 Series1 (with older Xeom Series from 2019)

These two machine are running WIN 10 Workstation PRO x64 , and I could NOT FIND A "download site" for windows 11 x64 WORKSTAION.
    Even tried the MS download Tool, via one of these while logged into my MS account - i still get a download, that does not give me a "UPGRADE OPTION" for windows 11 Workstation ( just get win11 pro!!)

Which is where I am needed help / guidance:
    a) not sure if there IS A WINDOWS 11 WORKSTATION version yet? >however Len**vo seems to be selling newer machine with them though!!
    b) Where & How to get a such download from MS site?
    c) sorry, I did do a search here, came up with nothing close to my needs....

Thanks in advance

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  19. MDeaks

MDeaks MDL Member

Aug 25, 2017
    >> @Enthou*<<
    thanks, for that > will try those links.

> what I have been told that "workstation" version of windows 10, will ONLY BE working on very specific i7, i7 intel proc,
    and most of ALL Xeon Proc, around.,<sorry INTEL XEON about that typo on my other post>

>> from what I seen, when we had that older i7 proc machine with just WINDOWS PRO x64 , its ok, but when we changed that same machine, and all the same hardware etc, to WINDOWS 10 WORKSTATION ( that's that /how the physical paperwork came from Len*vo)
    >> it was like it was FULLY AWAKE and on STEROIDS !!!
    >> so thats when one of our firms PARTNER ordered a thinkpadP17 with same OS....
    ..its a works like a dream machine (during demo's) with 4kOLED, and dual 4TB SSD + 5g lte hookup....>>demos for a STRUCTURAL ENG firm doing lots of FIELD DEMOS using very large CAD Drawings and Graphics. we tried other machine from D** & H** etc . all of them kinda often doe that dreaded "BSOD" .<<major shame during demo's>>

20. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #60 Enthousiast, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Pro for Workstation is just a name, it's a light(er) edition of Enterprise, a virtual edition of pro.

EDIT, with light(er) i meant, a few less features.