[Update] Realtek High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stasio, Nov 30, 2016.

1. eutudb23

eutudb23 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2012
    Hi, I have an issue as well. I'm having a Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME mb which has the following in terms of audio:
    1. Realtek® ALC4050H codec+Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec (rear panel audio)
    2. Realtek® ALC4050H codec+ESS SABRE9218 DAC (front panel audio)
    3. Support for DTS:X® Ultra
    4. High Definition Audio
    5. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    6. Support for S/PDIF Out
    I've tried with they're drivers and the only thing that works is the realtek console which does not have any eq of any sort and the default sound is really annoying. (DTS X does not work at all and DTS Sound unbound I have to pay for it since DTS X is not getting detected as installed for license).
    I've tried many custom realtek drivers but none worked (when looking at driver version these do not get updated with the ones installed) and when looking at the APO service which is used by DTS X is constantly crashing when detecting any jack, my eq is supposedly in the DTS X software and not in realtek control panel.
    My question is next: What realtek driver could I use such that the old realtek control panel works as that was gold? I don't care about dts or any other software but still if anyone knows how to make it work would be a genius.

Thank you!

2. themaniacboy

themaniacboy MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2011
    Hello, I'm kind of new to this and after experiencing some audio issues I've decided to manually update my audio driver.
    I'm using the Asus x370 Prime Pro and I'm not sure which audio driver I need.
    Could anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

3. HLBICX

HLBICX MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2020
    @MoKiChU By the specifications I already knew, I only asked because I thought I had some way to use DTS with the DTS driver, sorry for the stupid question and thanks for the information.

4. MoKiChU

MoKiChU MDL Senior Member

May 15, 2015
    Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG-PRIME-TUF RTK) from my latest update post. Follow scrupulously the CLEAN INSTALL then INSTALL process.

5. themaniacboy

themaniacboy MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2011
    Thank you very much, it works.

6. silekonn

silekonn MDL Junior Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Any FF10 newer than 8703?

7. void10

void10 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2019
    For fun, I tried out the ones from official motherboard webpage, version 8730, they work fine. Is there a way to compare the difference between 8730 and 8900 to find out what is the problem?

8. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    #1269 erpsterm35, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    since Realtek has not developed any new FF10 HDA drivers since late May 2019, I assume they have been discontinued and there are no plans for them to release new ones (unless you can beg certain PC manufacturers like Clevo and Gigabyte to get in touch with Realtek to provide new FF10 HDA drivers)

Realtek listens more to OEMs than PC users, silekonn
    so you're stuck with 8703 FF10 for a long time

@eutudb23

The Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME boards use Realtek USB Audio, which is different from the Realtek HD Audio device [hence the version # of the Realtek USB Audio driver is something like v6.3.9600.2231].

You cannot use UAD nor HDA drivers on there because it uses a completely different audio interface

9. kaniya

kaniya MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2020
    Can i know why sonic studio 3 app not work according to Asus site UAD drivers version 8666
    But i try in MS Store Realtek app work fine only sonic studio 3 not working

I just ask lol :D cuz asus says its official drivers
    they never update after that

10. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Imagine using DMCA for drivers. As if it's our fault RTK are unable to create their own downloads page with nice per-manufacturer categories.

11. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Realtek audio driver updates were directly giving to mobo manufacturers and Micr0$0ft since 2017. We are used with Asus Rog updates for same because they update frequently. I read somewhere that some bad guys injecting virus into Realtek drivers. That might be one of the reason for taking down Github repo. I agree that enthusiasts make better apps and drivers than original manufacturers. :D

12. kaniya

kaniya MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2020
    MoKiChU's drivers didn't have sonic studio virtual mixer was that unnecessary to add ?

13. alonor23

alonor23 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2019
    correctly I understand the situation, RTK blocked access to the site and does not open (will not open) it?

14. pal1000

pal1000 MDL Member

May 1, 2017
    Realtek has a FTP server with bleeding-edge UAD packages. The credentials were known since 2016, but they were changed in 21st February, this year. Then @alanfox2000 was served a DMCA takedown on his GitHub repositories where he harvested whole UAD packages and individual UAD components respectively.