[Update] Realtek High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stasio, Nov 30, 2016.

1. #1321 Deleted member 1071488, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2020
    Deleted & Sorry

2. MoKiChU

MoKiChU MDL Senior Member

May 15, 2015
  3. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
  4. mikeynavy1

mikeynavy1 MDL Novice

May 11, 2011
    MoKiChU...I just want to say thank you very much for all you do for us with Asus motherboards (especially my PRIME Z270-A). I was bummed when you left the ROG site, but glad I found you still doing your magic here! You're appreciated. I've been using the DTS drivers (even though it only seems to apply to headphones which I don't use). Out of curiosity, if someone doesn't use any of the add-on features (SS3, DTS, etc.) on their motherboard, do plain UAD drivers work (e.g. FF00). I also have a Dell XPS 13 9350 and it uses the FF06 (MaxxAudio) drivers. Those haven't been updated forever, and are usually the HDA (not UAD). If I just wanted to install basic UAD drivers, would they work, or do motherboard and laptop manufacturers really make their products only work properly with specialized drivers? Thanks again.

5. Xray999

Xray999 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2020
    For my Asus TUF b450 Pro Gaming (ALC s1200a)this driver will fit ? Realtek (UAD - ASUS PRIME - TUF DTS):
    6.0.8899.1 WHQL [02/18/2020]

6. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    #1328 MoKiChU, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Hi,

Regarding your question about UAD drivers "equivalent" to the HDA - FF00 drivers, if you want UAD drivers for your motherboard without using SS3/DTS Apps and without SS3/DTS Third Party Drivers (but you will lose the use of the equalizer in Realtek Audio Control (the equalizer will be there, but your configuration actions will have no effect)) :

- Uninstall your SS3/DTS Apps.
    - Modify your drivers packages dedicated to your motherboard (AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_x_x_v6.0.xxxx.1) by deleting the Win64\ThirdParty folder.
    - Install your drivers packages modified like an update.

Note : If you uninstall only your SS3/DTS Apps without modifying your driver packages, you can use the equalizer in Realtek Audio Control.​

Hi,

Yes, you need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME-TUF DTS) from my latest update post (use the CLEAN INSTALL then INSTALL process with DTS Custom).

7. Brandon Johnson

Brandon Johnson MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2020
    Hello - new to this forum and first question - I seem to have a problem when i uncheck "Disable All Sound Effects". The problem is if I am running two apps (Discord and a game - COD MW), I can only hear audio coming from one app, and it is the app that was first opened. So, if I opened Discord first, I will hear audio in Discord, but not COD and vice versa. Any ideas, suggestions on what would cause this? The ONLY way it works if I go back and check the box. THANKS!
    BTW - I am running the latest versions of Realtek drivers and Audio console (Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3) that I downloaded by following instructions above. I have NOT yet installed SS3...do I need to do that?

8. hlf128

hlf128 MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2019
    For a working equalizer, you can limit yourself to disabling "NahimicService" in services, and "A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effect Component" in the device manager.It works for me.

9. Carlos De Bernard

Carlos De Bernard MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2020
    #1331 Carlos De Bernard, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    thanks to all for the hard work on these manner. I have a huge question that i am experiencing. what i have to look when audio and video are not sync. i have the all updates on all. including last drivers on the audio. also happens on YT and other internet browsers. and all hardware acceleration are disable. these will help my pc and wife pc. thanks. is just to point on the right direction since i am run out of ideas.is a fresh install. at least on mine and still have the same results. including netflix. and a pop sound is present as soon that happens video start to un sync. i can try normal video store in my pc and report back. thanks for any data that helps to track down these. these is does not happens when the windows audio drivers are the only drivers on.

i am testing disable sound effect. and appears that is working ok. Event that there is no sound effect apply. is not unsync. i do not miss it. so is ok for me.

10. Brandon Johnson

Brandon Johnson MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2020

As a follow up question - if that box "Disable All Sound Effects" is checked, does that mean all of the EQ stuff just below is not on/working? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I have no clue why checking or unchecking this box would cause audio to only work in one app at a time. THANKS!

11. MicroAngelO

MicroAngelO MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2019
    I ended up going back to the previous drivers v8899, because IMHO I liked the better separation and clarity, but I look forward to trying out each new release - so kindly provided here by MoKiChU.

12. Carlos De Bernard

Carlos De Bernard MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2020
    Check windows sound settings.
    windows logo/settings/system/sound. scroll down and app volume and device settings and check the volume there. Make sure the app/game is running. Happens to me also. and i remember these feature from 1903 and vol where down. i have to make sure these is adjust

13. eyecraved

eyecraved MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2012
    Didn't try the previous drivers and really liked the 8895. These new ones seem a bit better so thanks for posting @MoKiChU

14. Pir8pete

Pir8pete MDL Member

Nov 15, 2018
    I have been using alanfox2000's realtek-hda releases for my win7, now that his repo is gone where would I have an alternative solution?

I'm using -> 8899_FF00_PG475_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_Win7_WHQL

15. stasio

stasio MDL Expert

May 3, 2007
    This is the latest official WHQL for FF00.....

16. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    #1338 MoKiChU, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Hi everyone,

The Third Party SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver have been updated.

Post updated.

17. #1340 Deleted member 841150, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
    Can someone provide me with a link for ASUS H81M-R latest Realtek Audio driver?

Can I use these ?