[Update] Realtek High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stasio, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Bushmaster78FS

Bushmaster78FS MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2020
    Mokichu, You are the MVP of the ASUS community sir. Thank you for all you do. Looking forward to your releases.

2. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Latest experience with realtek audio driver...

Installed win 10 pro 1909 freshly one month ago. Set windows not to install drivers and i installed Realtek HDA 6.0.8899.1 FF00 drivers. Everything is fine. From 10 days i felt that volume and quality of speakers decreased. I saw realtek driver version in device manager if windows installed new driver forcely. But nothing happened like that. I deleted realtek driver in device manager and chose update from windows store just to see what version it installs. It installed 10 months old driver and also installed gigabyte hd audio manager app (since my mobo is gigabyte). There is no "room correction" option in that app.
    I tested driver quality by playing my favorite video and audio. Still volume is low and quality is not up to mark. Then switched off windows update and installed Realtek HDA 8899.1 FF00 drivers again and observed that quality and volume increased again. So windows realtek driver is crap. No clue why volume and quality of sound decreased from 10 days. Automatic windows updates are doing something sh*t behind.

3. MoKiChU

MoKiChU MDL Senior Member

May 15, 2015
    #1384 MoKiChU, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Hi,

SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver = Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer.

From official ROG SS3-DTS motherboards overviews :

4. gieffe22

gieffe22 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2019
    Guys on Asus website in the new zephyrus g14 webpage support there are the new 8899,1 realtek uad driver. I don't installed those because i use the 8904 from mokichu that i trust more than Asus actually... But i Just want to know of those official drivers are the same or something change?

5. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    The OEM's like Asus/Gigabyte/MSI/etc will release new drivers that they have signed off on while testing for the next release of Windows 2004 (20H1). This will be their "certified" driver unless there's a major glitch found.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. klepp0906

klepp0906 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    Ok, im prooobably being very special here. Its early and maybe the coffee hasnt permeated :p

first, @MoKiChU , youre doing gods work my man. My heart broke when you bailed out on the asus forums - awesome to see you here.

second, I cannot find the link to your UAD asus drivers in your post lol. Everything else is linked, driverstore explorer, avolute cleanup etc. i cannot find the drivers >.>

was it pulled for some reason (i gather theres some shifting going on atm on the backend as far as compatibility goes) or am i simply retarded and overlooking it?

7. MoKiChU

MoKiChU MDL Senior Member

May 15, 2015
    Hi,

Here is my latest update post : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...h-definition-audio.72236/page-67#post-1585459.

Note : The download links are under the INSTALL/UPDATE PROCESS spoilers.

8. klepp0906

klepp0906 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
  9. Pheyx81

Pheyx81 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2020
    hi,
    i gave my friend the link to your latest Realtek Audio Drivers UAD - ASUS ROG SS3
    driver installation worked fine, ss3 is working, but hower he cant start the realtek audio console...
    the massage he gets is: cannot connect to RPC service.. any advise?
    (he is using the maximus XI hero)

again thank you for your great work so far.

10. klepp0906

klepp0906 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    anybody missing the "amplify" setting that used to be present in the realtek audio console? my headset is barely loud even maxxed without that setting ><

11. YouAreCrazy

YouAreCrazy MDL Novice

Dec 14, 2019
    It often disappears when a sound (music, video etc.) is already playing. When I don't want to close my music or video to change the setting, I simply reset Realtek Audio Console and start it again. To reset it, go to Settings - System - Apps & features, click Realtek Audio Console, then "Advanced options", then "Reset". Now you can start Realtek Audio Console again and the setting should be present.

12. klepp0906

klepp0906 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    thank you, this worked :) it returned albeit empty. had to manually populate it with a choice but back to business as usual now

13. djxpress

djxpress MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2020
  14. killer170596

killer170596 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2014
    Hello

I tried doing a clean install of the 8904 driver. I even went as far as to try clan installing it 3 times. Yet Sonic studio 3 refuses to work. I get the TIMEOUT error when opening it. Driver seems to be installed fine and everything worked before the driver update. I can't figure out what the problem is. I have a Strix Z390-F and installed the Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3) package. I have updated a lot of other times and never had this issue till now. I also did the exact same update on my friends computer which has a Z370-F and sonic studio is working fine on his.

Any ideas on how to fix this? :/

15. Bushmaster78FS

Bushmaster78FS MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2020
    This is what happened to me last week and I could only fix it by a clean windows install.

16. killer170596

killer170596 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2014
    s**t i really don't want to reinstall windows again. Something must have changed with this update since it breaks sonic studio :(
    Gonna wait a bit and see if anyone else has some suggestions :eek:

17. dfaovred

dfaovred MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2017