Why I don't like Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Super Spartan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014

Don't wish bro, biggest mistake I've done, the only reason I am using it is because I paid an arm and a leg for it, sometimes when I use my wife's Dell Vostro which has a Crucial 500GB SSD I feel jealous because it boots in like 5 seconds and feels snappier than this Intel 750. The only thing it is good with is if you are copying a large 10GB+ file for example the file transfer finishes in a couple of seconds but a normal PC user's work flow will not benefit from that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    But we don't see gains in all areas from 7 to 8, which was the same thing everyone said about 8 when it first appeared. But I hope you're are right and things will change with new drivers, and like i said, can't wait to see 10 on Skylake and 1151.

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Every Windows release the same story ... testing the OS with still mostly un-optimized drivers ... then come somewhere to complain :doh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    The OS was beta tested by everyone however the decisions still resided with Microsoft on the over look of the end product.

@ Windows Update: Meh
    @ Control Panel: Go set an icon to Control Panel then you will see classic control panel.
    @ Privacy: This is not a new issue please look at other threads.
    @ Windows Update Bandwidth Sharing: Check the news not a new issue.
    @ Start Menu: Use Classic Shell or StartisBack
    @ Photo Viewer: Its a brand new OS
    @ CUDA: Drivers aka blame nvidea.
    @ Performance: Its a brand new OS.

I am not going to throw in the towel for a Brand New OS it would be premature. I would rather wait to see where the OS evolves given its life cycle. I am excited somewhat for how it performs on HBM and Skylake.

5. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I can test Windows 8 for you now vs Windows 7. Windows 8 does have optimized drivers and is mature but it will lose in every single benchmark against Windows 7 with the exception of 3DMark's Firestrike but that's another story because Futuremark has purposely optimized Firestrike for 3DMark, any other 3D Benchmark and Windows 7 beats 8 by a good margin.

6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    How many times do I have to say the OS is brand new?

The Drivers are still being optimized and the manufacturers have had years to take care of Windows 8 and Windows 7 SP1. At best what you should be doing is using the first drivers introduced with 7 SP1 and 8 then you will see a fair break down. You are flaming out an OS that is brand new. This is typical of microsoft please do your homework before you flame out.

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Why not benchmark this thing in six months? Then we'll see.

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Agreed. Give everyone time to make the properly optimized drivers. Some of the OEMs wait until the OS is RTM before working on the drivers.

9. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    #29 JBenal, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    What really annoys me is the duplication. You want to change the time settings? Click on the time and an app pops up. But it won't let you do everything. You want more choices, it opens the original Windows date and time settings. With the exception of the Windows Update control panel application, there's a "Windows 7" settings dialogue for everything, but it's hidden under the fluff. Windows 8 = fluff. Windows 10 = fluffier. :p

Edit to add: Criticizing the latest version of Windows on MDL is like criticizing Mohammed (pbuh) in Mecca. I really do cherish MDL for what I've learned here, but it's a tough room if you don't toe the party line. ;)

10. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Huh!!! Must be at your end ... is definitely vice versa here (even With Aero deactivated in Win 7 and in 8 not!!!).

11. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks for the reply and I value what you've said. I try to help where I can. I was just pointing it out because a poster said MDL was for helping people with tech, so I just wanted to say I felt it was about all aspects of a digital world. Again, thanks for the reply you have some really great posts.

12. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Or, benchmark it once per quarter. Then we'd know if MS is listening, and we could give Windows 10 a fair assessment.
    Without corroborating data, any real critiques run a risk of being called hearsay.

MS deserves a year to make changes and improvements.

:MJ

13. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    We do have several win 10 drivers, but you know things will change as time goes by. Don't think I'm here complaining, just adding some opinions.

14. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    odiebugs1 your posts are fine they are not opinionated so much. They provide options and relevant thoughts for the thread.

15. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Really nice of you to point that out. Just so everyone knows, have been using 10 from day one as insider. There's something about the UI, I don't think I can go back to 7 even if it was slower, a lot slower then yes. The feel of it has me, except for the store stuff and apps in start. Kinda like my soft, like Nero, Cyberlink, and so on, and have weather and news booked in my browser.

16. ty_thegunner

ty_thegunner MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2015
    For me:
    - Edge
    + Cant drag and drop.
    + Cant customize
    + Cant sync bookmark
    + Without plugin.
    - Windows Photo Viewer.
    + Disable
    - Windows update
    + Cant control

17. GoLLuM13

GoLLuM13 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    Personally I did a test (expermient) with w7 sp1 and w8.1u1 in some PCs in my (small) office, for approximately one year, I started with only one PC having 8.1, people liked it and wanted it in their PCs, so I installed it on their PCs one by one, so like I said for one year they were using 8.1u1 and few days ago I reverted back to W7 SP1 on three PCs.they felt it like a punishment :D everything was slowed down, and like I said it's a small office, so the use was just (word, excel, ... and web browsing).So I have to say that the (old but still working) Intel E5700 in those machines won't agree with your statements about performance and do like W8.1u1 more than W7 SP1, he regained his youth with it.

18. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    The only reason I like Windows 10 is that my netbook touchpad works correctly unlike previous windows versions. The start menu is still an afterthought with left clicking and right clicking the start button giving you different menus. Retarded. I had to heavily modify Win10 to make it so I like it. This OS is not really ready for primetime yet, IMHO.

19. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I second that.

20. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    It's great for offline use, otherwise I'm on my MacPro