Win10 Update Facilitation Service joins Update Assistant V2 to make sure you get patched

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by parrish, Jun 22, 2018.

1. parrish

parrish MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2016
  2. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    People who actually really dislike MS behaviour, have no Win 10 installed. It is as simple as that...

"Nag me all you want, Microsoft, but this is getting ridiculous. All I want is an “Off” button — until you figure out how to deliver reliable patches and upgrades."

If anything is ridiculous, it is people who think that MS will give them a brandnew OS for FREE, and who jumped at Win10. And if you look back, you will remember there was a No-Button! You have no right to complain!

3. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
  4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    There was X in the right corner, which meant, close the window and install silently without notifying the user, because he wanted to install 10, but closed it by mistake. :D

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Guess I have to stop being lazy and finish my WUT event-based auto-hide updates.
    I have spent a lot of time developing a wmi driven solution, but that proved to be not that much responsive than basic task scheduler, and could even degrade performance on potatoes.
    So I'm redoing it atm.
    It works like this: Update event > run wut task > kill update processes > launch own scan to get names, populate context menu lists, and hide all updates except Defender & Security.
    The obvious advantage is that it's a reactive solution (not as reactive as I've imagined it via wmi, but good enough), that does not need to touch update and remediation services.
    Other than that, will probably keep just a few ifeo-based soft blocks for anti-consumer stuff Microsoft has added.. again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...