Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB on a consumer grade computer, do or don't?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bartgrefte, Oct 25, 2016.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    OMG! lmao! :p

2. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

:trollface:

3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    The truth is hard to take, but there it is!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bartgrefte

bartgrefte MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2013
    I completely forgot about the N version, thanks for the tip;)

5. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Be careful with the N version, some mobile phones need MTP, media transfer protocol(i think thats its name), my nokia connects alright as a mass storage device though and can transfer files to and from it. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    Either dhjohns has been on the mushrooms or its one of the greatest pieces of sarcasm ive seen :D

Windows 10 gui is like anal sex, it isnt for everyone :D

7. bartgrefte

bartgrefte MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2013
    Why use a cable? My phone (Galaxy S4) has AirDroid installed on it, I can download files through a webinterface. Or I can use Total Commander (for Android) to copy files from my phone to a networkshare and access the files from there. Either way, no cable or MTP-support required.

And my mp3-player shows itself as standard external storage device, so no MTP there either.

Thanks for the warning though;)

8. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    Go for it then :)

9. glennsamuel32

glennsamuel32 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2012
    If you ever need to reinstall the Android OS on your phone, you'll think otherwise ;)

10. gnugeek

gnugeek MDL Member

Nov 23, 2009
    While I cannot say that it is a piece of art, it is still a most usable compromise between Windows 7 Start menu and the Windows 8 full screen start screen abomination. I literally laugh at folks who are still sticking to Ancient OS like Windows 7. Someday you gotta make a jump to W10 anyway. Resistance is futile! :p

11. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Either this is a beautifully crafted example of irony, or you're a scroll wheel masochist :D

12. bartgrefte

bartgrefte MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2013
    I will:biggrin:, once I've got the time to do a clean install of everything. Currently I'm too busy with school. I will probably do that during the next holidays.

... does that require MTP? Or are you referring to the cable part.

13. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    server 2016 has been recommended in chatbox this morning. its the same codebase as 10 so it may be a better choice for you. im looking at in instead of ltsb. :)

14. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    That's the biggest heap of BS I've ever read, seems like MDL is becoming the place for advertisers and product pushers lately

Explain how the Windows 7 calculator 'barely' worked?

You open it, you type in your sum, and it gave you the answer, exactly the same the Windows 10's calculator, except without the app BS and "Please review this app" crap

Can you copy a file from the desktop to clip, then click Windows 10s start menu, right click one of the libraries and select 'paste' ?

No, you can't, why? because it is weak and useless, pretty tiles is not functional code

Geez, the amount of BS people spew about 10's apps crap being amazing is laughable

--
    And no I'm not agreeing with the moron you quoted either, she does the same with that ridiculous browser no-one uses

15. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    #35 wazzock, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Go back to post #26 MrMagic - I pray its Sarcasm but i fear its the mushrooms :laie:

16. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009