Windows 10 Is Spying On Everything You Do > So Why Use It ???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MysTikAL3, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    There are means to keep your privacy. No one can guarantee 100% security but there are very good methods. Saying things like you did, man4life, is the general I don't care attitude that made all this possible in the first place. People just don't care and use every kind of communication means without thinking about it. Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype, GooglePlus and much much more. Simply avoiding this, using Linux or other free OS, encrypting communication if you like is at least a big big plus to your privacy.

I don't care, there is nothing we can do, there is no control anyway is exactly THE problem which makes all kind of bad things possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wmh

wmh MDL Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Hello!

Do you know if there are other KBs update packages related to data mining on Win7, 8 or 8.1?
    Could you tell me what to look for?

Thank you. :clapping:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Many thanks: I removed the update and unsubscribed the CEIP in Windows 7. By your description how to do, it was easily executed!:tasty:

Hopefully there is nothing left in form of another update. From now on I will have to be selective in choosing which updates to let pass and have installed: only the security and necessary ones, not the optional.

4. sapito

sapito MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Well, i almost installed Windows 10 but i read every day this fórum and other sites to be informed. I think i'm gonna stay with Windows 7 Sp1.
    At Facebook, i am another person, i'm a musician and i don't care about Facebook Privacy bla bla bla. But in my computer? This is the real me, i do what i want and i've been always cautious. My computer have all my work, my private messages, my files, my collections, my databases, my finances, etc.
    So, i'm sorry but i'll stay with Windows 7 but without doubt, i'm gonna be focused at any update that W7 receive.

Goobye W10, i never knew you but i don't want to know you.

5. bulldog147

bulldog147 MDL Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Windows 7 also spyware too!

6. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #186 nexus76, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  7. LifeIsNotEasy

LifeIsNotEasy MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2015
    IF they want, MS can put any new or revised "Spy" or "Telemetry" feature, whatever name you call it, into any old system (Vista or Win7...from MS), through monthly patch.

No one know exactly what feature been added to existing system files from each KBxxxxxxx.

They only need to put simple words like "This update to enhance the functionality of Windows through new features and improvements.....bla bla"

Normally no one will reject such kind of update.

So, no OS is safe unless you stay away from network, wire and wireless.

8. XxBrazilianoxX

XxBrazilianoxX MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    so Windows 7 is also getting the telemetry update too?

9. XxBrazilianoxX

XxBrazilianoxX MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    They won't do this in a paid OS.

10. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008

What about Linux, such as Ubuntu? I don't think the privacy invasion is anywhere nearly as bad.

11. z77a-g43

z77a-g43 MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    no free lunch, make your own choices.

12. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    At least MS is up front about how sneaky they are.

13. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013
    #193 MysTikAL3, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    (OP)
    But you're so wrong...

M$ can't throw in anything to the older systems such as Windows 7 because their own binding license agreement for those systems does NOT ALLOW IT.
    If they tried to, it would be spotted right away, and MS would be dragged into numerous lawsuits or a massive class action lawsuit faster than you could say Windows 10.

For this reason, and specifically for Windows 10, M$ had to completely rewrite their EULA and service agreement...12,000 words and 45 pages long that took affect August 1, 2015...:eek:

Oh really...if you have a law degree and days or weeks you might be able to get through it all...
    If you think one word of their documents protects the consumer in any way shape or form, you are dead wrong...:suicide:
    Their documents describe what they can and will do, and further shields and protects Microsoft Corporation from lawsuits, nothing more.
    Look into this issue at least a bit before you post it...:g:

14. symb

symb MDL Junior Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I would prefer Microsoft spying on me than Scroogle!

15. MysTikAL3

Jul 15, 2013
  16. MysTikAL3

Jul 15, 2013
  17. Gao_Zhisheng

Gao_Zhisheng MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2015
    Are they? Please post a copy of the notice they sent you detailing all the changes to Windows 10. I assume they sent you this notice in advance of it's release, so please also include the date that it was sent.

18. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  19. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i turned off automatic updates in my w7.. it is just that i detest linux so much.. but otherwise i am tempted to try it again, even after paying for w7.. on a new pc.. no chance for anything higher than 7 here..