Windows 10 Pro 14393 Update Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by alucke, Nov 9, 2016.

1. alucke

alucke MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2009
    My windows 10 pro, will not update. The 3 updates just flash on and off, over and over again, with the progress bar not moving. My windows 10 pro is connected to the internet, as I can use MS Edge or any other browser. tried everything from reinstalling windows 10 pro 14393, updated the Ethernet drivers to the latest. I even installed windows 10 enterprise 14393, that I got from my work, to see if I could replicate the issue. And with windows 10 enterprise 14393, all 3 updates install. Anybody have any idea why this would be happening?

alucke

2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop the windows update service and once you stop this service open Windows Defender, once its loaded, do a manual definitions update, then once it selfupdates, go to settings and search for windows updates again, this time it should work. i fixed he same issue this way.

3. alucke

alucke MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2009
    I follow your instructions, to fix the problem, and ran windows update again. It still didn't fix the problem. So I think I will install Windows 10 Enterprise x64.

4. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Explain your problem more precise.
    Do you want Windows to update your non anniversary windows to latest version, or do you want anniversary?
    (They are 2 different branches, and even if some users here would like to disagree, i'd stick with 1511 as 1607 has nothing except headaches)
    If you just wanna update your 1511, google KB3198586 and d/l it you will be up to date.
    (It's the cumulative)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...