Windows 11 Tweaks, Fixes and Modifications [Overview]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jul 1, 2021.

1. silv3rness

silv3rness MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2015
    You're right, I've figured it out.

2. locarno

locarno MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2014
    How to edit (add or remove) entries in new right click menu in Windows 11? It is possible through registry? I haven't seen any guide. I only see guides how to restore old menu.

3. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
  4. Yes Sir but he was correct to his point that none of the tweaks section of W11 let him tweak his context menu items either remove or add thatswhy i suggested him a Newly Published app UWT 5 for W11 today & i think it has done its job :)

5. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    No. He said he asked and nobody answered him

6. Hmm Sir | might be he has not seen your declutter w11 context menu script :)
    but as xtreme pointed winaero tweaker need improvement reagrding context menu add or remove items it seems UWT 5 has done it :)

7. Xtreme21

Xtreme21 MDL Addicted

Jun 21, 2021
    Unless I'm mistaken UWT can't edit/modify/add to the "new" Windows 11 context menus. Tons of other stuff on the Context Menus tab but nothing for the "new" style context menus, I never see them anyway, awful things!

Neither can I see what "Show Command Prompt instead of PowerShell in the Win+X Menu" does, and it's on the new Windows 11 tab. It doesn't even set Terminal to open as Command Prompt by default.

8. Hmm Thanks :)

9. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    How to run it?

10. silv3rness

silv3rness MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2015
    Does anyone know how to speed up boot time? There used to be something similar for windows 10 around here. Or some settings to speed up the internet connection?

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. calinortes21

calinortes21 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2021
    Not sure if this has been answered already, but is anyone else having this issue?

I auto-hide my taskbar, but even when the option isn't turned on, I have to click my start menu button in order to click on the running apps to the right of it. It's like it acts like a lock button, I have to press it to unlock access to the open apps (alternatively, I could alt-tab, but the issue is not being able to click it if I wanted). and it functions as normal for a short period of time. I click off, close the window, and I need to click the start menu button to access the running apps to the right of it again.

I'm not sure how to describe this problem in the search function here, so I thought i'd ask to see if anyone knows of a fix.

13. Suzerain

Suzerain MDL Junior Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I really want to add this to my context menu but I seem to be having a brain fart. How do we "run" this code exactly?

How do we "input" this code to get this (and other) Context Menu tweaks?

Sorry for the dumb question but I've never done this before.

14. Famingpunk

Famingpunk MDL Novice

May 20, 2021
    Code the code paste it into notepad and save the file as context.reg
    then double click the file and select yes

15. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    If the first line is - Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 - it must be .reg file

but if the first line is reg add "Key" /Value "ValueName" /RegistryType REG_SZ,DWORD,Binary, MULTI_SZ /Data 1,2 /Force

saved as *.reg file extension then :p