Windows 7 Activation & BIOS fix

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheCowGuyVapes, Dec 17, 2018.

1. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    None of the MDL activation solutions will ever be disabled by an Windows Update! Only Defender Database Updates tend to quarantine files.

Question is what activation was used in first place. If it was any dubious activator, system files might be tampered.

Recommendation: Get verified MS ISO and start over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheCowGuyVapes

TheCowGuyVapes MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2018
    I never like the functionality of WAT and after doing the research (at the time I didn't know it corrupted files) I learned that it does corrupt files as you stated in your reply.

Only time I used WAT was to get rid of the message in the bottom right corner but then I used a 3rd party to patch corrupt files (it was quite noticeable in performance to see that something was wrong after using WAT, i probably even did as system restore).

3. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    I only used KMS Pico & Daz's Windows Loader. I didn't download/use anything else. As a user mentioned before, KMS doesn't activate windows 7 ultimate and the general topic of this thread was after the use of Daz's client. I never ever used the activation provided in this .iso that I have. I believe they only offer you CD keys in a notepad somewhere and by some miracle it would work (probably after disabling internet connection or something).

But otherwise, I only used KMS or Windows Loader. If any files are corrupt, it's between those two softwares. Otherwise the files weren't there to begin with.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You have no idea what the iso poster did to it, it contains REMOVEWAT, as shown on the screenshot, maybe it runs automated, who knows..

Never use those homebrewed iso's, specially when they contain stuff like removewat.

5. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    In that case,

Is there a copy of W7 with an installation guide that's 100% capable of being activated without having to skip over a single update like that specific kb971033?

At this point, I just want to use my computer casually. I've considered the possibility that my entire computer is trash and that it might be easier to just pull the plug on saving this PC beyond Gaming. But I'd like to have it activated with extra assurance that I won't run into a bad plug. Any help is appreciated.

6. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    okay so don't waste time more than that and just install win7 ultimate from the link i gave you, it's from reliable source as those isos are downloaded directly from microsoft servers and make sure to do a clean install by erasing all existing partitions , i am 90% sure that activation with daz will work after that.
    Regarding ram, are all these 4 stick rams identical between each others ?
    did you buy them all from the same place ?
    i suggest to test them all one by one using memtest, if you get any error on one of them while the test is running or at the end, that means that the ram is not working properly and that you have to change it.

7. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    It's gotta be a copy of Ultimate though, All other w7 versions cap RAM at about 16GB's and i don't want that limitation, if RAM is the issue here and they need to be replaced I can RMA them with gskill and still have the ability to upgrade beyond 16gb's if i choose to do so. I don't like limitations.

Yes they're all the same brand, frequencies, etc. I wouldn't have them in the PC if they were different models, sizes, etc.

Sorry i'm frustrated, it is a copy of Ultimate.

8. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Not true. Get yourself a clean Professional iso, read up on how to simplix it and your good to go. You can use any kms tool to activate it(preferably from MDL, as there's a lot of crap out there on the net).
    Also, don't install updates directly from WU. Simplix's update pack is a valid source of necessary monthly updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why would he install pro or enterprise and use KMS to activate, he is on MBR, Windows Loader activates any windows 7 except enterprise on it, he used a compromised iso, that's why it not works anymore.

The system has 8GB RAM, so Home Basic, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate should all be fine.

10. TheCowGuyVapes

Dec 7, 2018
    Updated bios to 1604 latest on sabertooth 990 fx

Still capped at 4GB's, and i had 8GB on broken iso.
    This iso so far is working just fine, finishing up the last bit of driver updates/etc.

I went with Ultimate because there's no way in hell I'm using any other version.

11. jesuislibre

jesuislibre MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2018
    did you do a clean install with the original iso from the link i gave you ?
    if yes, did you solve activation problem ?

Regarding the ram,
    you have to test all the sticks ONE by ONE in ALL SLOTS then in every case, you boot to access to window session to see if 4 GB ram quantity appears and this way you can determine which stick works, which stick deos not work, which slot works etc......
    then as i said earlier, you have to test each stick with memtest tool to see if every stick is working properly.

12. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Correct..

@ OP

It sounds like you're installing a 32-bit OS. That will cause a RAM limitation. Make sure you're installing 64-bit.

13. parrish

parrish MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2016
    We've been seeing this a lot lately on win 7:

"This copy of Windows 7 is not genuine". :confused:

14. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes, users of strange ISOs and strange "activators" see this a lot. Nothing new.

Users of proper ISOs and proper activation methods don't see it.

15. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Yet we've not seen OP clearly stating he performed a clean install with a clean x64 Pro/Ult/Ent MSDN iso(or maybe a simplix'd one) and using MTK or WL respectively. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but most of OP's posts consist of insisting nothing wrong was done or that the sketchy Ultimate disc is the best solution. That's primarily why I gave up.

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009