Windows 7: Google Chrome & Windows Media Player Issue.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Min2020, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Min2020

Min2020 MDL Junior Member

Jan 14, 2020
    #41 Min2020, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    (OP)
    @LittlePro -

It is 6 am here - couldn't sleep.

I will do this tonight when I get home probably after dinner.

I don't mess with things I don't understand, so I wouldn't have tweaked anything. Not when it comes to programming or CMD commands as these are not something I know or am really familiar with to do on a whim.

As mentioned before - I didn't do anything different when it happened. I think I was watching YouTube prior to it changing overnight and doing things like email and Google search. FB maybe. That is about it. Things I normally do daily.

However, no new websites, no seeing or opening any suspicious links, no strange emails. Nothing I can think of that makes me think: "Eureka!".

It just happened.

As for the "anti virus" programs - don't know.

Things happened but not at the same time. No Google Chrome was followed a week or two by no WMP. Before that - AVG was working until I updated it I think then it wouldn't. MBAM played up following AVG going down.

Don't know what I did to make those muck up, but as Microsoft Essentials is the only one that works it makes me really wonder...

2. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Its taking toll on you!
    Where you got stuck ? Don't hesitate, Let me know. There are good short tutorials for just everything. I will be more friendly from now onwards.
    Its morning here & I am on work, would keep an eye over the thread as long as possible.

Thanks. ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Min2020

Jan 14, 2020
    @LittlePro -

I was up to catch something in the USA at 3am my time - so nothing to do with this at all. But it was hard to go to sleep post it.

I can do things for hours and hours - so all good.

Be back later tonight when home.

Thanks for all your help!

4. Min2020

Jan 14, 2020
    1) No ESET in a directory or folder. I can click on the app though as found that through SEARCH.

2) Located KVRT - deleted.

5. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Min2020

Jan 14, 2020
  7. Min2020

Jan 14, 2020
    All clean - nothing found.

8. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
  9. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    I asked for System Information file there ( Point 7 ).

Thanks. ...

10. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    MD "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SysInfo\"

MD command makes a folder/ directory, named as SysInfo , on the current user's desktop.

msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SysInfo\msinfo32.nfo"

Creates
    the System Information file & place it in the SysInfo folder.

"/" is used for command line switches/ options
    "\" is used to define the path.

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #54 Joe C, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
  13. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Dear,

1. You probably did not go through my last post.

2. Though it does not contain any crucial personal information, you can omit anything that you don't want to disclose.

3. System Information file is a very comprehensive report of your pc. What you shared is very very limited.

4. If you are still having problems running commands, Just change the extension name of this text file from .txt to .cmd & double click the file. It will automatically run the two commands for you.

Attached Files:

14. Min2020

Jan 14, 2020
    @LittlePro -

Saw the link and opened it about 30 mins ago - realised then what was missing going by that. It is still downloading so will post it when it is done.

15. Min2020

Jan 14, 2020
    @LittlePro - Ran into a bit of a problem and have been trying to sort it out.

Not sure what I did as all I did was change the USER name to a nickname I use. Followed suggestions under Microsoft for Windows 7.

But some things seem to be padlocked and where I could click YES I can't anymore.

Screen shots I will attach if I can.