Windows 7 on Alienware Aurora R10 Ryzen Edition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by A Murder of Crows, Jul 27, 2021.

1. A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows MDL Novice

May 11, 2007
  2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It's probably using a UEFI class 3 firmware, there is no CSM (Compatibility Support Module) anymore. Essentially, CSM is what allowed Windows 7 to boot in UEFI mode, as it does not support GOP (Graphics Output Protocol) required by UEFI. CSM provided a legacy BIOS INT10 emulation, and without that, boot stops at the Windows 7 animated logo.

You might have to study and use the UEFISeven project from here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...boot-windows-7-on-uefi-class-3-devices.82137/

3. A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows MDL Novice

May 11, 2007
    Thanks. i read through that thread and made an attempt, but it didn't work for me unfortunately. i am out of time and need to get a working environment going, and since i don't feel like i'm going to be able to solve this in the next 2-4 weeks, i'm going to have to go with a temp windows 10 (ick) installation for now. hopefully i can find some sort of modified version that strips out a lot of what i currently hate about 10, but somehow, i doubt it, and i feel pretty strongly that windows 11 isn't going to be much better.