Windows 'Photos' app - reduced resolution?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Coastal Jay, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Coastal Jay

Coastal Jay MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2018
    Hi all, can anyone tell me if the 'Photos' app in windows 10 displays images at a reduced resolution? I remember when I first upgraded to Win 10 and opened jpegs in the Photos app they didn't look as sharp as they normally did in 'Windows Photo Viewer'. Other people on forums said the same. I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft did this deliberately so photos would open faster - a feature they called 'always ready'. So I switched back to Windows Photo Viewer as my default. Is any of this correct? Has any of this changed?? Thanks for any info. Cheers, Jay.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use the older Photo Viewer only because of its easy features, which the new Photo App didn't have anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    They should have all the apps working perfect by the time we get Windows 13. Only 12 more years to go!

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    They never would! And there would be never any Perfect App, because of those, who develop them are not perfect. And those who claim to be perfect are the Imperfects in persons!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...