Windows XP SP3 32-bit for HP 530 Laptop.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by apoorvasheth, May 13, 2018.

1. apoorvasheth

apoorvasheth MDL Junior Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Yes, ff esr (Firefox 52 ESR) did work for me. I can now browse Google.com and other websites as well. XP SP3 VOL also installed smoothly with no issues at all and the Volume License Key that I used during the installation process got XP SP3 activated offline and didn't require to connect to Microsoft server.

Thanks everyone for your kind support. Will get back to you all in-case I need any further help....

Regards,
    Apoorva.

2. gaerher

gaerher MDL Junior Member

Mar 11, 2018

I activated recently my OEM Windows XP Professional installation via the internet connection. Though I couldn’t activate OEM Windows XP Home in such way on my ancient laptop but only by phone.

3. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    #24 apoorvasheth, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    (OP)
    Update >>> Now I removed XP SP3 VOL also and installing Windows 7...XP SP3 doesn't allow me to install Intel Drivers Update Utility....:)

Attached Files:

4. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    ...Now see this, Microsoft asking me to Upgrade to Windows 10 but I am not at all going to!!! I was most happy with Windows XP but due to certain unforeseen circumstances, I had to finally take a harsh decision of switching over to Windows 7. And Windows 10 which has created havoc in the world with its uncountable number of issues being created in every single customer's laptop.

I am most happy to stay with Windows 7 instead! Just don't want anything for free from Microsoft!

--- Apoorva.

Attached Files:

5. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    The best part about installing Windows 7 is that it bought all the drivers for my HP 530 laptop right under one roof asking me to select them to download it whereas in XP, I had to manually download 1-by-1 driver individually and then install them post which also "Restart" the PC....very tiresome process whereas in Windows 7, all drivers & that too the latest & updated ones were shown right in Windows Updates screen...Gr8!

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    My gf has the exact same laptop, just installed Win 10 LTSB 2016 on it this week, all drivers working fine, performance fine (for it's specs and age)

7. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    #28 apoorvasheth, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    (OP)
    Now on that 2nd HP Laptop (in the enclosed picture) which is HP Pavilion 15 Touch Smart, I am facing lots of issues related to Sleep, Hibernation & Shutdown. This laptop initially had Windows 8.1 pre-installed. Than, as everybody received a free upgrade to Windows 10 & so did I therefore, I upgraded my this laptop to Windows 10.

After few days, I realize that there is an issue with the overall performance of my laptop so I called over an HP engineer how ran various system tools from his Pen Drive and found out that the HDD has failed the test, hence the HDD got replaced with a new packed Western Digital HDD.

Than I told him that I'll do the installation of Windows 10 so he left after installing the HDD. I downloaded the original (untouched) Windows 10 OS directly from Microsoft's website and burned it on a Re-Writable good quality DVD. I installed this copy of Windows 10 and got it activated since my OS license is stored online so it picks up automatically. Few days went by and now all of a sudden, I started to face these strange issues with my laptop,

a) When I give the sleep command, the display goes black but laptop doesn't go into Sleep mode. If I press the Caps lock key or Volume key, the display doesn't come back and the white light in that Caps Lock key or the Orange light in the Volume key doesn't glow.

b) If I close down the screen lid completely and when I open it again, the display doesn't come ON while the Power Light remains White steady. So, I have to Force Power Off the laptop by pressing and holding the Power button for few secs.

c) If I give the command of Hibernation, the screen goes black but system keeps running and Power Light stays White steady.

d) If I give the Shutdown command, again the screen goes black but the Power light remains constant steady. Laptop doesn't Power Off automatically!

e) If the system is set to go into Sleep Mode or Hibernation mode in 1 or 2 mins under Power & Sleep settings, the display goes black but system doesn't go into Sleep/Hibernation Mode (else Power light won't remain steady white but would blink slowly/turn off) and than I need to force power off my HP 530 laptop by pressing and holding the Power button. I have to repeat this cycle everytime the black display doesn't come back & I am very much worried about the chances of Data loss to take place due to Hard Drive corruption which might occur.

d) The above issues applies under both the scenarios - 1) When the AC Power adaptor is plugged in & b) When the laptop is on battery mode.

This issue has so far been attended by 4 HP Engineers but none of them have been able to resolve the issue as they are all Dumb including their employees seated in the HP Contact Center. Different engineers from HP visit my home, seat for like 5 to 6 hours, simply do time pass and go back to their service centre without any resolution.

All of them are useless & illiterate as they have made 7 visits so far at my house but have not been able to find out the reason behind this issue.

We also contacted Microsoft over the phone who took remote access and downloaded an Original ISO of Windows 10 further to which, the HP engineer did the insallation by overwriting the existing OS I guess. But the issue still re-occurred.

Since HP engineer have decided not to fix this issue at all, any help received from here will be Highly Very Much appreciated!!!

Regards,
    Apoorva.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @apoorvasheth

Glad to see you're thinking logically (at least to some extent).

That is a prompt for installing Service Pack 1 - you've installed the SP0 build which is way older and vulnerable.

On the other hand, I'm moving the thread to Hardware section as it's no longer suitable for XP related discussions.

9. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008

Well, I don't see any reply....Could anybody assist me with this issue? Windows 10 has created TONS of issues worldwide and these happen to be one of them. Does anybody have a solution to my above given query?

10. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    #32 apoorvasheth, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    (OP)
    Well, I really didn't have that much of time to go through such complicated posts on that link pages after pages.

Update: My issue got resolved, not by continuing with Windows 10 but, downgrading back to the Factory OS Windows 8.1 which came along with this laptop.

Lesson I learnt from this incident: Just b'coz Microsoft pushes the free stuff really doesn't mean one should go ahead and upgrade the pre-installed OS and play around with the system. A stock OS which comes pre-installed with the manufacturer's laptop such as DELL / HP has always been rigoriously trial & tested in their lab using the present OS released my Microsoft as per that point-in-time for best performance & stability before handling it over to a customer but just b'coz these crocodiles like Microsoft that lays a trap & lures a customer by pushing the entire Windows 10 OS as "Free" and "WE" - the consumers fall in their trap and make a huge mistake of upgrading the Stock OS & that's exactly where the tons of troubles starts for "US" and benefits for Microsoft begins b'coz they get millions of consumers across the World test their OS and give reports related to technical issues "Free of Cost" which otherwise they have to hire lakhs of engineers and pay them to do it. Nothing comes for free in this cruel world.

Anyway'z, Windows 10 has reminded me of Vista days which fell straight on its face, as it has created tons of issues worldwide. I think Microsoft considering Windows 10 as Vista should forget & keep it aside rather, concentrate seriously on upcoming Windows 11 and make it such that it can operate smoothly on any laptops/desktop.

So solution to people facing issues with Windows 10 - simply downgrade it to the stock OS which your laptop/desktop shipped along with and enjoy smooth performance. B'coz even the manufacturers like Dell/HP "Don't" know how the future OS is going to be like so they manufacture & design their laptop keeping in mind the present OS which is available in the market.

Regards,
    Apoorva.

11. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Member

Mar 22, 2013
    For your issue with hibernation, try the following:

- Type in command prompt as admin : powercfg.exe -h off
    This will delete hiberfile.sys from the root of C drive. if it stll there, delete it and restart (restart not required but recommended)
    (it's a hidden protected system file, so make sure you can see it)

- Re-enable hibernation by typing powercfg -h on
    This will recreate hiberfile.sys