WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

1. JoshT

JoshT MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2016
    Thanks,

I know how to do it with Daz activated Windows 7, but Daz won't work on this laptop.

Also used the gatherosstate route a few times, but didn't know if it would work with KMS activated 7 or 8.1

Downloaded and built 8.1 media since last post, but didn't realize I needed to create an ei.cfg file. So now stuck on key screen till I get home from work.

2. aa0Mia0aa

aa0Mia0aa MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2015
    hey, i tried to activate with daz-loader 2.2.2. but i got "Unsuported Partition Table" in status of daz-loader. Which file(s) do i need from the WindSLIC UEFI CLIC injector to be able to activate Win7 64bit? And which file do i have to execute? Thank you!!

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What is the model of your motherboard?

4. Waylander

Waylander MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2008
    #864 Waylander, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    I'm having the same issue as aa0Mia0aa. I have installed Win7 Ultimate x64 and my mobo is the GA-Z77X-D3H (rev 1 - F18i) so i checked the thread for a slic modded bios but came up empty.

I have downloaded the files from github and tried to run install.bat but that doesn't seem to work. Something about '"C:\WindSLIC-master\Installer_EFI_bat\Installer_EFI_cli.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    which i guess figures cause the file is not there...

The DIY guide below that is a bit too short for my limited knowledge of what i'm actually trying to do here. Is there a more comprehensive version of that somewhere or should i really just be able to grasp that or leave and never come back?

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    See here.

6. Waylander

Waylander MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2008
    #866 Waylander, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Thanks a lot Tito!

Flashed that bios with Qflash and then used Daz and activation went without problems.

How ever now when the computer come out of hibernation it just turns on but the system doesn't resume... When i then power it down or press the reset button it goes from the bios to resuming Windows .. could this be because of the adapted Bios i flashed?

Can i now reflash the bios back to the original? => I tried this and now the system resume works as it should but my copy of windows is once again "not genuine".

So there seems to be something off with the modded bios?

7. theheroofvn

theheroofvn MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Does it work on window 10?

8. Tridon

Tridon MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    I've read the first post and the subsequent updates but I'm still struggling to put things together. From the most recent update, I've downloaded the files in the Mega link, as a zip. I understand that they are to be placed in the EFI partition but, how do I go about flashing / uploading the SLIC or MSDM ?

If it helps, I dual boot with Manjaro Linux and can readily place the needed files in the EFI system partition.

9. Aquinix

Aquinix MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2015
    Hi everyone. I wanted to enjoy the benefits that come with UEFI/GPT, but noticed that Daz loader only works with Legacy/MBR. The solution to activate my windows 7 ultimate SP1 (gpt/uefi) seems to be with WindSlic. I tried searching through this thread/forum for a couple of seemingly simple questions, but to no avail. Please clarify for me:

1. Would it be possible after activation of Windows 7 ultimate with WindSlic, to update windows as usual and then upgrade to Windows 10, as would be the case if I activated with Daz Loader.
    2. Will upgrading this way allow me to be legitimately and permanently activated on the retail channel of Windows 10 (as opposed to the volume MAK channel that is specific to upgrading from KMS-activated machines)?

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #870 Tito, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    @Aquinix
    • What's the model of your motherboard?
    • There are other ways to get digital entitlement, such as this.
    • Please continue here.

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @theheroofvn

Windows 10 doesn't use OEM:SLP activation thus SLIC emulation is useless.

@Tridon

Which motherboard do you have?

12. anna199095

anna199095 MDL Junior Member

Jun 25, 2018
  13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @anna199095

You should supply a proper binary image of a valid SLIC to emulate.

What is the model of your motherboard?

14. anna199095

Jun 25, 2018
  15. anna199095

Jun 25, 2018
    #875 anna199095, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    what kinda nonesense.. am i what ?
    ?>error : bin file 0 should be 374/
    if bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\WindSLIC\WindSLIC.efi \EFI\WindSLIC\slic.bin \EFI\WindSLIC\key.txt
    was written while mountvol v: . should I put V: before each \efi\ ^? what's going in command line?

no that wasn't the case!
    shouldn't there be a parametr or something ,below here?
    path \EFI\WindSLIC\WindSLIC.efi [?is something missing here?] \EFI\WindSLIC\slic.bin \EFI\WindSLIC\key.txt

all of this routine turned into a dejavu. now i'm constantly thinking that I've done this before and it was all working. and the other part of me started saying: " yeah , u defently did try this, about 5 years ago and it didn't work" total brain meltdown. My realself thinks is better to forget whatever you remebering about doing with efi\windslic and start from flarping up the bios (

i just found 12k asus.bin ,[which 3.7 times bigger than the lesser one that comes with windslic], on my original Asus cd with marked as windowsactivpatch. So, following the logic. It makes you guys not just great but even greater ! how do you cut so much of bin make it work with a few lines thru efi boot [which is totaly ok imho].. tho couldn't up it ,,, Yet!.. we hope..we trust..
    for whom may see any sarcasm here or even tink than i'm flooding. don't you even... 7 days 7 windows YeT!

therefore there is slic 2.1 table on this machine alredy, i guess. does it change things?

16. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @anna199095

You're missing couple of details:
    • You can find SLIC bins here; a bios image isn't necessary.
    • \EFI\WindSLIC\slic.bin is the mandatory parameter here.
    • If you already have SLIC 2.1, then why are you planning to emulate one?

17. anna199095

Jun 25, 2018
    thank you so much. but i'm just getting to it ! i found the original patch on disk. I gonna do em all combinations. I'm sure one will open pro x64 since i just read a fella saying ultimate cannot be activated by this method.
    .so if i will not activate pro version with the same steps that were written to activate ultimate [any x64]
    >that means
    ..goto ultix64 same steps.same and debug.debug some would say ;)

18. anna199095

Jun 25, 2018
    Wait what ? if i have 2.1 do i just run what then? some 1 told me that I shouldn't inject before and I didn't and it worked, but i forgot what exatcly that extra thing i was doing that i shouldn't?

And I did use cert key also found on original oem cd, dowloaded 2012 same pack.zip with *.bin files.

The heck I'm twisting my neck for almost a week. I dunno I 2.1. on GPT disk and MBR disk no need to slic? if already have.. <EggPlant Dna talking

19. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @anna199095

Please clear your facts first: if you do have a valid SLIC (check using this), then just install matching certificate and edition specific OEM:SLP key. Daz's loader can do the the same task for you in this situation.

20. anna199095

Jun 25, 2018
    Oh. Yes Tito. I was right about to do daz.Thank you. And it worked 100%! Thanks community logs as well )
    Indeed would recomend spending a little time here to get some knowledge. _Hanks !