WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Krinal

Krinal MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2018
    @Enthousiast are you there, if then please reply if any installer is available as I don't know much about this project.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I can't find an installer download on mdl atm, but the github link at the op seems to be alive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Krinal

Krinal MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2018
    Yes but it downloads some kind of script and not an installer as suggested in first post.

4. baddles

baddles MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2019
    #924 baddles, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Hi, I'm new here and I don't know if this is a good place to ask, but I see that in a windslic.efi file, you would be able to take in 2 arguments while installing, one for windslic path and one for .bin path.
    May I ask where is it in the source code that takes these 2 arguments in?
    The reason I'm asking is because I would like to add a 3rd argument alongside that specifies the location of BootMgfw.efi.

5. sysszm

sysszm MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2015
    thank you,sir!

6. sysszm

sysszm MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2015
    but,where is installer?

7. agus_generatio

agus_generatio MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2012
    It works! Tried Windows Vista UEFI on Vmware 15.5.6. Thanks!

8. Oakie92

Oakie92 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2020
    How do I activate Win 7 Ultimate on VMware 1.15.5.x

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Use DAZ' Windows Loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. skirklan

skirklan MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2011
    #930 skirklan, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    It's been a hot minute. Apparently I never noticed (or had turned off notifications). I'd ran into this exact issue that day or shortly before and the result was that it didn't work. I can't realistically recall the what or the why but I had used the cli way previously and it not working that once was clearly an isolated event.

Just a few minutes ago, before reading on to the next post, I even reread what I wrote and immediately recalled a recent tool I'd read (or at least I thought I had) about that follows the same or similar digital upgrade method but without requiring the gatherosstate and wonder how that could be if what I'd wrote, this long ago, wasn't incorrect. Anyhow, point is thanks for the save. It's late, I'm tired, I'm not yet done trying to read all the things I wanted to read today(now yesterday I guess) and somehow lose the ability to make a concise comment.

EDIT: the longer I think about it, I feel like I'm remember just using an older install image to have it work. Could be I wasn't using the correct channel with that image.

11. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009