WU is having issue

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WindowsGeek, Sep 14, 2016.

1. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    been trying to d\l updates and its stuck 53% is been like 3 hours now.....re booted a few nothing stops at 53%:confused:

2. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Mine was first stuck on 48% and when I rebooted dropped to being stuck on 45%.

But not to worry, the problem is widespread and known to Microsoft who are working on a solution. They are bound to find one soon, and all will be OK. So you don't really have to do anything, just have a little patience.

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I have the same problem on my Windows 10 VM. Meh ... updates will get installed sooner or later ... or not. I've made the monumental decision to use my computer to suit me. If WU gets stuck, it gets stuck. If updates don't get installed they don't get installed. If I need to quit, I quit. It's a machine and quite frankly I just stopped worrying about 10's quirky update attitude. If I get fed up enough, again, I'll restore a Windows 7 system image (or a Linux Mint image) and use it for a while.

5. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I've never used Windows 7, but I understand its updates weren't trouble-free either. After all, it's also a Windows system, why should it be excepted?

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    [FONT=&quot]Amen brother! It's just Microsoft being Microsoft and it's like the weather: everybody complains about it but nobody does anything about it. You just live with it and hope you don't get blown away.[/FONT]

7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    OK, it's been fixed by Microsoft (today). Just reboot and the update & installation should go thru without problem.