こんにちは (hi)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Tomoko, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Tomoko

Tomoko MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    I spoke to my pathologist and surgeon today. and they both analyzed my recent colonoscopy. When I saw it I couldnt believe how bad it looked! and they said they've seen worse! its mostly scar tissue developed and a fistula formed and connected inside my small intestine..through my ileum cecal valve (whatever its called) that connects from my small to large intestine and somehow made it's way into my colon..that's NOT good news unfortunately..funny thing is..I have not been experiencing any pain or symptoms..some cramping here and there.but...YET..they want to do surgery? whats wrong with this picture here? What I say No?

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    That's the calm before the storm, if they recommend surgery I would listen to them!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    R29k is right. Your only choice is to trust the experts. They have studied medicine and their job is to help you.
    I know there is fear of surgery, anybody has it.
    It's the expert's job to judge about and give their best advice. Who else could?

You have said 2 of the 3 experts you have spoken to had said surgery is needed. What is the alternative way of the third one? Does he know about the new results?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Welcome to MDL and i hope you get better soon,with better i mean as much as possible.
    As R29K mentioned it´s the calm before the storm,i know going to surgery isn´t easy,but if that´s the only option of getting better i would do it.
    You shouldn´t give up hope,because hope is the last thing that dies in a human,so stay possitive and never let yourself down.
    Maybe it´s better to go to surgery now,before the conditions get worser.
    Good luck to you and feel free to post anything you want and if you have problems.

5. sunnytype

sunnytype MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2012
    Sorry for what you went through, hope you have a good time here!:eek:

6. Tomoko

Tomoko MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    I just came home. Surgery was a success. They did a resection. Removed a total between my large and smal intestine of about 40 inches. Of course thru discharged me with typical guides to follow and some narley painkillers called HYDROmorphone. They are very potent and literally ten times stronger than morphine! It will leave tipsy into the next day!

7. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I am happy to here you are home again and all went well. Wish you a speedy recovery:worthy::hug2:

8. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    Hope you may put this behind you soon, Tomoko..:hug2:

9. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011

Such strong medicine. Due be careful as they are extremely addictive. Glad to hear you are still with us. I don't know about the other users here, but I have had you in my thoughts everyday.

10. Tomoko

Tomoko MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    Well tonight i'll be feeling good.hydromorphone an hash with joint ought do the trick to help with this post-operation pain haha

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The same with me. I had been a bit worried since you had a break posting. I didn't know surgery had happened that soon. I am glad to hear it was a success.
    Hydromorphone (e.g. Dilaudid) is very strong, but only addictive when abused. It's an opioid.
    All opioids can be used without any harm IF their dose is exactly adjusted to eliminate the pain. Any excess (higher dose) may lead to addiction.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

12. Tomoko

Tomoko MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    I was in the hospital again..this time due to medical complications from the crohn's resection they said it is typical for this to happen. the bile ducts failed to produce fluid and I passed out in my driveway. then next thing I know I am in ambulance to hospital. I am out now against. four days :( When will this be put under control. this disease is no joke. it eats you up like cancer. I am too young for this !!!

13. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I wish I could give you that answer. :(

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hi Tomoko,
    how are you? I hope you are better. You are always welcome here, we are thinking of you.

15. longjourney

longjourney MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2012
    it is very hard for you to bear the things. I am sorry to hear that but i believe you will get more good friends here. I'd love to be one of your friend.

16. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    I will be honest.. will I read this I almost dropped a tear. It's just mean how some diseases are that much of a pain to go through. If a friend of me who can I reach gets a disease like this will I help him/her everyday to get through it and I'm sure many more here will do the same.

I hope the surgery helped and you are feeling a lot better now then before. Remember that we all here to support you. ;)

17. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hm..
    sent her a pm ~3 weeks ago..
    no reply..
    let`s face it, no activity
    since may 4th..
    does not look so good...
    hope somebody has got some news,
    for i really feel for that lady..