A new kind of EU? A new hope for the world?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by gorski, Jul 12, 2016.

1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Now, that's what I call pretty poor trolling par excellence... ermmm... so to speak! :D

"Us neo-libs" v. "bleeding heart libs" - is that it? Is that all you got? Oych!

Whatever happened to the Left? Ever heard of "us"?!? :p

Plus, super or just "power" is enough, you know...

Else, "whose is biggest" is for school-yards! :p

Jayzussssss!!!! :D :D :D

Btw, welcome back, serious debaters! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Trump sez his button is bigger than yours....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    @Yen; did not our good mods promise `no more politics` just a question now that we find a supermilitant european here, or a reminder if you like.;)

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    'Tis not politics, 'tis silliness... :D

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We do not allow new threads about....and let the current open until there is a reason to close them.

To have a vision of a military superpower is just personal expression of thoughts....
    I wonder what's the difference to buffoon Trump then?

And what's the benefit for humanity to be a military superpower?
    If one feels to be little nothing can change that except a new natural self-awareness. You could own/rule the world but still feel little..

6. Soldado11

Soldado11 MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2018
    This thread is so sad :(

Sooner or later EU will end up breaking down, i hope i'm wrong

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    ...or it might clean up its act, get into proper Social Democratic waters and become a shining beacon...

Who stole my crystal ball?!? :D :D :D

8. Soldado11

Soldado11 MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2018
    I don't think so

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    ...ahem...

"Stakeholder Behind the scenes of the Nordic model

On 8 February, the latest edition of State of the Nordic Region was launched in Stockholm by Margot Wallstrom, the Swedish foreign minister and minister for Nordic cooperation, and Dagfinn Hoybraten, secretary general of the Nordic Council of Ministers.

The Nordic Region comprises the 12th largest economy in the world, with a population that is growing faster than the EU average, a labour market that receives global praise and a welfare system that has proved resilient both in times of boom and bust.

But the countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden along with Greenland, the Faroe Islands and Aland also make out a macroregion of very different internal regions, both geographically and administratively.

The Nordics often are at the top of the list when the United Nations (UN) or other international bodies rank nations on various parameters. And despite some bumps on the road, they are also rated as some of the most suited to fulfill the aim of the 2030 Agenda to reach the UN Sustainable Development Goals.

But what is the picture behind the national figures and how do the various regions within the Nordic countries interact, both internally and across borders?

That question is addressed by the State of the Nordic Region 2018, which gives a unique look behind the scenes of the world's most integrated region."

https://euobserver.com/stakeholders/140997