A/some Questions We'd Like the God to answer.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    "Let us proclaim the mystery of faith..."

I've heard that line many times in Sunday mass. Faith is a funny thing. We have no proof, yet we believe. As we get older and closer to our expiration date, our faith grows stronger. In some cases, our own life experiences embitter us, for some, their faith is shaken to the core.

I understand this quite well. I am approaching my late 50's, and have watched people who I hold dear to me die. People younger than me. Their deaths just seem so senseless. But I can't hope to make any sense of their deaths any more than I can hope to make sense of faith. Every day, my faith is tested to the limit. Some days, I just want to give up. But I can't. I see no other way to go. This life and this world make no sense to me. My faith gives me some semblance of peace through hope. Hope that there's something after this. Otherwise, what sense is there to life. We live, we eat, we reproduce, we die.

If that's all there is, then what drives us to create? What drives us to attain spiritual / intellectual enlightenment?
    I'd like to think that we're more than just an alien ant farm. I'd like to think that, but the truth is just not there to be known.

And there are some truths that I simply do not want to know.

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Humans need hope - Faith = Hope
    Humans enjoy sex - sex = recreation

No big mystery

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Let me add 'my experience concerning faith'..also with respect for anything that is posted here...:)

When being in a very uncomfortable life situation where the idea of the own existence could vanish (fear of death), the mind gets crazy....searching for an escape...finally faith is the last thing in mind that persists. If there is grace then faith turns into pure wisdom that that what one IS remains ever unaffected-->salvation.

As long as it doesn't become really aware one has faith (in it). Faith= still thoughts
    Faith here means a focus on one particular thing. This makes the mind being still and focused and raises awareness.
    'when the last thought is gone' Pure self awareness is left. This is due to grace. The cause of incompleteness is gone. One is the one life.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with death or life after it.
    It is contrary. It is pure awareness of the present and there is no faith (needed)

(Btw: Meditation works the same way.....''when the last thought is gone'') It is a movement of focus from thought to being. (for instance Vipassana)

The good thing in that is nobody actually needs a special life situation to come to this. It is present every now.
    Since it is present every now it actually cannot come to....in other words it cannot be found in the future. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I should reply on topic as well....:biggrin:
    Any question that comes up......
    "God, why has exactly this question to you entered my mind and not another one?"

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    .... is waiting for Gorski to comment on this thread :sharepopcorn:

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Can an agnostic ask god at all? :D:)

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I would think so, well one half of him anyway :D

8. TlaPlaZ

TlaPlaZ MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2015
    You are only kidding right?? or I'd rather like to think you are been ironic :)
    Last time I checked,.. Modern Human history is over 15 thousand years old.
    So are We older than the earth? where did we lived before?? ,...Mars?? LOL

9. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    It's possible. There are theories of a planet between Mars and Jupiter. We might have came from there. Or, our DNA might have came from there.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The theory of extraterrestrial DNA yes.

But it's very unlikely that there had been a planet between Mars and Jupiter. The sum ~600000 pieces of the masses of all objects from the asteroid belt is not even the mass of our moon. The huge mass of Jupiter does not allow another planet (one little mass) there due to its Gravity interferences.

It is highly probable that the asteroid belt is a rest of the presolar primeval nebula which could not form a planet... :)

11. hooglander

hooglander MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2015
    one question : Why?:eek:

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Why not? :D:)

13. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Actually the massive Jupiter could have already pulled in a lot of the debris, could have a been a planet there that didn't last very long because of Jupiter. I think it would depend on the synchronicity of the orbit, eventually when it becme tidal locked it would then have had a problem. Or maybe the Martians got to it first and ate it for the resources to build their spaceship for Alpha Centauri :eek:

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Well, science has a theory of formation of planets (planetary migration). But it's a theory only...and science does not even know how and where exactly a raindrop is formed....
    There could have been a planet a relatively short time....the Earth and Jupiter are 4.5 Billion Years. But there is no reason why exactly there should have been a Planet between Jupiter and Mars with DNS first...
    Finally it is all about a balance of forces. If there is a centre of Gravity and the mass becomes too high, the orbit moves and if there are different masses they can collide, or a huge mass absorbs other objects.....

Btw: Scientists can observe a forming solar system and get high resolution images....the radio observatory Alma in Chile observes the young star HL Tauri. Its age is not even 1 million years and there is already a formation of planets visible...(contrary to current theories which presume an older system required to form Planets)...

15. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    At one million years for formation, it does raise some interesting questions, is the Earth really 6000 years old . Interesting to ask God that ... :laie:

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I guess sid_16 has asked that already. :)

It actually doesn't matter here how old the earth is, but one gets by applying Uranium-lead dating to Zirconia in Australia exactly the 4.567 fold amount by 1 Billion earth orbit = Billion years.

I wonder from where those 6000 years come?! Also god has created the world within one week, lol... (this is metaphoric people actually need linear time to describe an event) so 'they' chose one week...actually any-thing is created now. Anything else are memories or ideas about the future (illusions)....in other words it is in this regard actually senseless to 'ask' an eternal nature about self created issues about age of things lol.

One can clearly state according to this method the Zirconia in Australia are 4.5 Billion years old. This is considered to have more truth content than another 'religious' idea that cannot stand scientific rules.

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #37 R29k, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Here is the funny thing, How can anyone write that the Earth is 6000 years old in a religious text. No one would have been around at formation other than God. Now the only way to know since religion is not scientific, is for God to have said so. The only thing I can infer from this is that God misinformed everyone from the beginning. :laie: or the info was pulled out from the writers rear end, which is a more plausible and satisfying explanation. :D

Note that the Earth orbit is not fixed it was faster in the past and is slowing every year by a very small amount, I think something like 1.5 milliseconds. Which over billions of years would amount to quite a lot. Would equate to something like 78 days over 4.5 billion years. This is not taking into consideration any collision events which might slow it even more.

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    ...or speed it up, as it were... at least for a measly 3-4-5 bill years... if they are to be had... since some think that Universe is on a runaway path to self-destruction...

Now, what kind of God is that? :D Or what kind of Human Mind is that?:g: I mean, if we have no hope, no God, then we could start behaving beastly, like... dunno, Ammuurricans? :rolleyes: :D

For a philosopher, this is but a joke, God being at the receiving end - rather than an absolute beginning... :D

It's the question of time, really:

1) Circular time of the Ancients (seed-seedling-flower-bloom-seed and then decay-seedling...)

2) Absolute beginning (Creation) and Absolute End (Judgement Day) of the Judeo-Christians

3) Modern time of simultaneity and poly-rhythmic dimension, not being bothered by all this s**te... :D (junkies and similar tribes :D )

"Errrmmm, God, what are the numbers of the upcoming Eurojackpot, please?" :biggrin:

Nope?:g:

:beee:

19. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    And then there's this...
    http://www.space.com/26713-impossible-space-engine-nasa-test.html

If the thing actually works, then the law of conservation of momentum falls apart. Which means that the laws of Physics may very well be more like guidelines, or wrong in some places.
    In a thousand years, Mankind may have completely rewritten the laws of physics.

My point being that nothing is cast in stone.

:MJ

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Somebody observes an event which should not be that way (does not behave according to established ideas). A new branch is born and finally they have to be united/ included.
    They invent an object/idea which theoretically can and finally they hope to prove its existence in the future. (I.E. Higgs particle).....

Physics had already some crisis. (Behaviour of very small particles, quantum mechanics, double slit experiment, no subject object barrier-->relativity, ....singularities)

It's been that way and won't change. :)
    IMO...if the universe is infinitely wide, it has to be infinitely deep. Means there is no final thing like elementary particle or string which could be used as theory of everything...
    In other words the issue of Physics relies in Physics itself and will ever create new questions.

Anyway science has a 'trend'. The ‘trend’ is to go away from fixed mechanical matter, elementary particles with location and static objects to probabilities, waves, frequencies and strings.
    History: Galileo Galilei--->Newton--->Maxwell--->Einstein--->Hawking....

Technology is needed to confirm theories… :)
    The m theory tries to unite all concepts. According to it there is an infinite amount of universes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for 'fun'.

The bible can be used to show up its own inconsistencies and to laugh about, or to ask god silly questions.:D
    But what should be the purpose?

This time try to replace Word with sound and flesh with matter and compare it to string theory and wave theory....

Consider that a string can appear as different elementary particles dependent on patterns of frequencies it vibrates. They also create gravity by curvature of space = attribute of matter.
    It’s comparable to a string (of a violin), its appearance as elementary particle is the sound (particle / wave dualism). :)

John

“1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. …14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.