A/some Questions We'd Like the God to answer.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    We would know all of these questions if they weren't destroyed in the dark era.

eye_reasonably_small_400x400.jpg

In my logical response we are an experiment from a higher order. Why, we do not know any more. Obviously so they can learn.

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Obviously??!?!?!?!?:confused:

:p:biggrin::p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #63 Muerto, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You can't discover a hypothesis by setting up an experiment, in this context. You already have it and you try to test it, in various ways, experiment being one of them..

Btw, experiment only gives out what you put in...

Whether one is aware of all of it...

Oh, well, another time, maybe...

;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Ok
    1) You can't claim that God is finite if the Universe is finite, you are making a bold statement by saying that God can only exist within the Universe. Can you create something from nothing, while being inside it ?! Anyway a God is supposed to be able to do anything so bad supposition.

2) Your two points that you numbered, both are stating the obvious, in a finite Universe you HAVE to have a smallest and biggest object. While in an infinite one who knows. If you can prove either case then we could think about it, but we can't now can we !

Also the "soup of queerness" (everything below the quark) is not fully understood, however it does not give you the license to make bold claims based on what is not fully understood. You sound like the Church when you do that! Remember the Earth was supposed to be the center of the Universe, until we actually had the technology to see that was wrong.

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #66 gorski, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Before the new tech there were people who had a better idea, long, long before Bruno, Galileo etc. (many, many centuries before them...) ;)

Edit: Copernicus was clever enough to publish his results as he was dying - he saw it printed, when he was on his death-bed! ;)

And that tells a story, esp. when you collate it with Bruno, Galilei and co.'s adventures... :rolleyes:

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Today a bold statement is to say that the universe is finite.
    (Bruno finally paid with his life when assuming actual infinity..that time!) :):worthy:

The smallest and the biggest are determined but they do not survive the future.

As you’ve said, R29k: Earth the center of the universe.
    Atom = elementary particle, any matter consist of atoms = undividable particles.

This seems to have no end and to me it is plausible to say the universe is infinite.

ATM we have the string-theory, they vibrate and produce a pattern of frequencies that represent the quarks. A string can change its vibration frequency and voila it appears as different form / particle.

“…as long as the Universe is finite in volume then nothing in it can be infinite.”
    I agree with it.

“You can't claim that God is finite if the Universe is finite, you are making a bold statement by saying that God can only exist within the Universe.”
    I disagree with it and I should add for better communication:

My understanding:
    There is nothing outside the universe (also there is nothing outside of ‘mind’), god cannot be outside. If god is infinite then this attribute is present anywhere.

There is only one infinity. (Contrary to mathematic where there can be infinite infinities for instance infinity changes when I add 1 to it)

omega+n>omega (not to me)
    n+omega=omega
    2*omega=omega+omega=omega

The biggest got always bigger, the smallest got always smaller during history of mankind.
    This historical fact I took as valid reason to approximate both ends one to 0 and the other to infinity. Anaxagoras described also infinity as something constantly enhancing/expanding (there is no smallest and no biggest).

To me reasonable is that one could not perceive finiteness without to have an awareness of infinity/ infinite nature. In other words there is no relative without the absolute.

Two mind experiments concerning own idea of infinity:

1. Let’s say we have an infinite (length) white ribbon. Now I cut out a finite piece of it.
    What happens to the ribbon? Does it become 2 finite ribbons? Can I cut out a finite piece at all?

2. How many even numbers (n) are there?

a) Half as much as all integer numbers
    b) Exactly the same

8. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    1) it depends on how the ribbon appears. If you have the start of the ribbon, but it just keeps going on to infinity then you can cut it and have no change.
    However if you see no start and end of it and you just have part and you cut it then you have two infinite pieces. :eek:

2) If you state half then you are assuming that you know what the whole is so I would say exactly the same. :eek:

Also from my understanding, if you're an Omniscient God then you can't say there is nothing you can't do otherwise you're not God! So from that I could state that existing outside the Universe is possible. For an Omniscient God, something and nothing are all God, everything is !

Also thanks for making me GLaDOS :D although the L should be capital too.

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Can I have the red ribbon, please? :D :D :D

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    As symbol for prevention of drunk driving and solidarity of people living with HIV/AIDS... :)

There is a relation in maths of finiteness and infinity. Any finite amount can be seen as infinite sum of fractions with the numerator of the value itself:
    Length of ribbon here: finitely X
    X/2+X/4+X/8+X/16+X/32+X/64+....= X :eek:

The amount of fractions is infinitely, the result is finite, though. One just needs to double the previous denominator 'all the time'.
    I guess Heisenberg would disagree, though. :biggrin:

11. Bluesalt

Bluesalt MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2015
    Why couldn't I find a good answer to my entire life?

12. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    'Cause Yen & co. are bonkers with those formulae... :p :D :p :D

13. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :laie: And you are bonkers for not having one!

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. Bluesalt

Bluesalt MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2015
    Well, R29k, thanks, may be this is a good answer for me. Anyway, do you have other funny avatars? Give me one, please.:(

16. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    As an atheist, my question for the God (hypothetical) I'm proposing (assuming a finite universe); what's the point of creating an inferior intelligence (i.e. humans, but not forgetting about the other living organisms in the universe, the God has had supposedly created) in a lower dimension, seemingly out of boredom, loneliness and self-absorption, whose only reason for existence is to love and worship the higher intelligence/force/substance (i.e. God)? WHY?!?;)

Pretty below par (understatement) what you would expect from omnipotence. Unless it had no choice but .....?:p

17. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I think the main question is: Are you real?, and if so, prove it, there is no reason to stay quiet and make people believe in something they can't see, hear or feel

If I was God, I'd let people know

18. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    LOL we use this same saying in Mexico (don't know if any other Spanish speakers countries):
    No te tomes la vida tan en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella

19. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Mr.X: Yo entiendo y esos como vivo Mi vida.

:)

20. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :eek: Nice try but:
    Yo entiendo y así es como vivo mi vida. :D :p :hug2: