About Dell BIOS recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by redalerthan, Dec 5, 2009.

1. rockie88

rockie88 MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    Thanks for the reply i have usb floopy but may problem is the .HDR file size is already 2mb i only have 4gb,8gb,and 16gb usb and till now im looking for a smaller usb and hoping it still exist in the market.

i have 2mb sdcard and i will try it. i hope this will work.

thanks

2. rockie88

rockie88 MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    thanks for the info. do i have to used M1530XX.HDR file name exactly or i can used M1530AA.HDR or M1530BB.HDR or i can used this all files.

thank you

3. rockie88

rockie88 MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    Hi Guys,

I already have 1gb kingston usb i tried to look for a smaller size but its not available on the market. so i format it fat copy m1530xx.hdr , m1530aa.hrd and m1530bb.hdr plug it to usb and plug the power adapter while holding the end key. the batery indicator is blinking red but nothing happens.

what i notice is the fan will work only if i press the power button.
    please if anyone have tried to recover a xps m1530 kindly post instruction.

im trying to partition my usb but there is no option to partition it only format and i cant modify the size.

please help me on this.

thanks

4. rockie88

rockie88 MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    Hi guys,

Pls help until now im not successful in recovering my m1530 if anyone have a good bios but defective board can i buy it? or if anyone know where to buy a M1530 bios kindly post link.

thanks

5. Apokrif

Apokrif MDL Addicted

Dec 7, 2008
    Do you have USB floppy to try?
    I do realize BIOS file won't fit on 1.44 disk, but at least you'll see if it tries to read it.
    If not - you BIOS might be damaged so BIOS recovery piece was never executed... :(
    I hope Dell engineers didn't remove USB floppy recovery method yet.

6. rockie88

rockie88 MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    thanks, i guest im not in luck, i have fdd but also its not working. anyone that have same bios if ur selling im willing to buy it. thanks

7. usm01

usm01 MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2010
    Hi,

Pls assist me. i hav bricked my Dell inspiron N5010 during flash update. its now dead silent.
    its bios is dell (AMI) bios.
    I hav extracted both files n5010a13.hdr , n5010a13.rom

wat exact names should i use and which files.
    wat procedure should i follow.

thanks

8. Tammy

Tammy MDL Novice

May 22, 2011
    Guys,

I am literally near to tears.

I tried upgrading the bios on my desktop Dell XPS 8000 and, while flashing the new BIOS, the computer locked up.

I finally had to turn it off. Now when I try turning it on, I get continuous beeps, and nothing else happens.

I know this thread is for laptops, but is it possible I can recover/fix my BIOS using a similar method?

Although nothing appears on the monitor when I boot, I can hear the fan and what sounds like a drive.

Also, when I plug in a USB stick, the light flashes as if it is trying to read the usb stick.

I spent a fortune on this PC a little over a year ago.

Have I ruined everything?

Please help if possible. :help2:

9. mkgoel

mkgoel MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    guys,

I tried upgrading the bios on my laptop studio 1737 and, while flashing the new BIOS, the computer locked up.

I finally had to turn it off. Now when I try turning it on, I get blinking volume keys, and nothing else happens.

Although nothing appears on the monitor when I boot, I can hear the fan and what sounds like a drive.

Also, when I plug in a USB stick, the light flashes as if it is trying to read the usb stick.

I spent a huge amount on this.

Please help..............:(:sad:

10. filauxdoigts

filauxdoigts MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2011
    I got a Dell Vostro 1310, I press the fn + end key and I don't even get the battery light on. Power cable is good. Did anyone hve succes in BIOS recovery with this Dell Vostro 1310??

11. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Try holding down the END key and plugging in the power cord. Some of the Vostros seem to work with the HDR method invocation, but they require the Phoenix Crisis Recovery disc.

12. saeed_b53

saeed_b53 MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2011
    write dell bios with programmer super pro 3000

hi all
    i have 2 notbook boards 1st (dell latitude D630) and second (dell latitude D620)
    the 2 models have the problem ,i lost the 2 models bios and i can not write the bios with the programer(xeltek super pro 3000)
    if anybody can help me how can i write the bios whit the programer in the bios ic?
    please help me
    regards
    saeed

13. saeed_b53

saeed_b53 MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2011
    dell bios write with programmer

hi all
    evry body can help me how can i write bios to chip with programer in the dell D620 and dell D630
    please help me
    regards
    saeed

14. gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro MDL Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I see both IC seems to be supported by xeltek programmer.
    Desolder flash IC from motherboard,mount them in socket adapter,check supported devices datasheet to find which one, run exe bios with -writeromfile,resulted rom file write it into flash IC,solder back to mainboard.

15. Saeylet

Saeylet MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    Dell Precision 370 BIOS recovery

Hi, I brick my dell precision 370 after computer hang while upgrading BIOS.

Do anyone in this forum have any experience in dell desktop BIOS recovery and can help me please? I have try the USB method cause I could not find a computer with diskette around. Do anyone know what is the right key to press when plugging in the AC power cord for Dell precision 370?

16. alqaim145

alqaim145 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2011
    dear can u help me i want dell e6410 rom file

17. spusgun2011

spusgun2011 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2011
    I have a bricked Dell Latitude D600 (bad flash).
    I have followed the instructions to get the hdr and rom files but cannot find a tool to convert the rom file to bin, so I can't find the right strings I need to rename the files too.

Does anyone know the correct names for a D600 bios? Or can point me to the tools that converts rom to bin so I can find it myself?

18. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #120 LatinMcG, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012