Acer 4810T Insyde BIOS DMI issue

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mudtel, May 6, 2010.

1. mudtel

mudtel MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    hi,
    I'd flashed the official BIOS 1.34 from Acer and it deactivated the configuration pages.
    Recovered with the Esc + Fn method but UUID and Serial Number had been erased.

Tried all DMI tools availble here including Compal V.3.00, Inventec, dmicfg and even dmiscope.
    None is able to write/save to the dmi area. Some tools show written but once rebooted,
    the data is gone.

Any help from the experts here is appreciated. Thanks! Acer was unwilling to email or provide
    the dmi utility even though the problem was due to their official firmware update.

2. kenc

kenc MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2010
    I' got the same issue as your post above and got a little more worse because it also erased the mac address of the lan adaptor. Have you found a tool to fix it yet? acer want me to pay for them to fix:mad:... I'm trying a tool 'flashst.exe', hope this call fix the issue. Keep in touch for any news.

3. woolfman

woolfman MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    The Compal utility does not work for the 4810T. Use the Quanta utility MPRW.exe. Unfortunately, I can't post a link, but I found the copy I user in the AcerFans.Ru forum.