Acer aspire 5536g bios dead

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by drowsy, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Qrucsai

Qrucsai MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2009
    I have same problem with a 5536g. The 1.11 bios update run without failure, the result is black screen after restart.

Two question:

1. Just simply you started the machine with usb stick (without DVD, HDD, battery and any button)? That is all?

2. Where I could find the correct PHLASH16.EXE?

I would like to download that.

Thanks.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rhu

rhu MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2011
    So I managed to brick my acer 5536 when trying to update the bios. No power or anything, no blinking LEDs, tried the crisys Fn+Esc... no success. I'm at the point where I'm willing to either send the board off for a new BIOS chip or buy one in and do the soldering myself... The chip itself is an 8-pin SOIC-8, but there looks to be several of them dotted around the main board. I _suspect_ that it is either U49 or U34; I've ruled out all the other 8-pin chips because they are all paired. could anyone confirm? Would I be better off sending the board into one of the repair shops ?

Thanks

rhu

4. vusky

vusky MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    YESSSS, it worked for me, i'm very happy, is my first recovery, I not know the subject of different phlash16 ....

This manufacturers are a lot of bastards...

If I were an engineer of those manufacturers, I would be ashamed to charge for doing the job badly.

Thanks for this website, not for ACER....

Thanks specialy for spkleader and drowsy for your first experiments.. and exits

5. digitally

digitally MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    hi... sorry to thread dig but i somehow stumbled to this same situation and i'm a noob with laptop. i had the new acer bios from their website and the pheonix crysis disk. how do i create the crysis recovery. must i reformat a thumdrive?

6. timothy271

timothy271 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2012
    Hi all

Sorry for bringing this old post up. I've read through the post and tried everything. Just want the final advice from you guys.

Same as all the above, acer aspire 5536 doesn't boot, no bios only black screen. As the system manual says, I removed hard drive & disk station and tried booting, no succes.
    Tried the phoenix crytical disk, no joy either. When I press fn + esc like discribed in the manual, it does nothing.

Booting from bootable disk, nothing, you can only hear the drive spinning for a while and that's it.

After this all said, my final conclusion is, I guess, the mother board is broken. What do you think?

As final effort, I'm going to disassemble the whole computer again and I'm going to verify if the cmos battery is still ok. Because it could be that's a possible reason right?

Thanks !

7. Orax1701

Orax1701 MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2013
    #27 Orax1701, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Please, please, please tell me exactly​ how you flashed the BIOS of your Aspire 6530G. Where did you get the .WPH file that you renamed BIOS.WPH? The BIOS file in the DOS folder of the download from the Acer website is called zk3_3303.exe, I tried remaining that to BIOS.WPH but it didn't work.
    Also when it does work, how do you know? Does the screen jump back into life, does the laptop restart automatically or do you have to wait 10 minutes then turn off then on again?