Acer Aspire 5672 SLIC 2.1 (tested & working!)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Gradius, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Ohh you have flashed it 'the crisis way'.
    In that case the tool updates the boot block as well where the data for recovery are stored. And you must have had bad luck, I guess while the process did that, something went wrong.
    I think the data that are needed to kick in recovery have been damaged.
    You could try to plug out the CD rom drive?

I'm not familiar with the layout of the board, but somewhere there must be the bios chip of course. The chip itself is not dead, it's the data on it. People that are familiar with that usually desolder the chip and re-program it using the biosimage and an EEPROM device. After that they solder it back again.
    Some sit on a socket, so you can pull out the chip without to desolder.
    Then you just would have to exchange it with the same chip where the biosimage is already stored on it.
    Another option would be that you would send it to acer and asking about costs to make it run again, just tell you don't know what's wrong.
    After knowing about the costs you can decide if it's worth for you or not...

I have stopped to release biosmods of acer since I have heard about your trouble. I was speechless about and when I don't know anything about the why, I cannot take responsibility about to release new mods. I'm sure I did no mistake and the instructions I gave you leave the bbl untouched and a recovery should be possible anytime...but I have to admit that exceptions anytime may happen. I wish I would modify software and not bioses...

If you know somebody that could desolder a chip then you can go for a replacement. You need to locate the chip then...otherwise only to ask professionals about is your option (I mean computer store)..
    I wish I could help you in another way....

Please tell me what you go for....or if you stop trying.
    I use any chance to gain knowledge to provide best advice...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jorik

jorik MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    Yen, sorry for my late reply. I'm quite busy these days...
    Thanks for your involvement and suggestions to help me out.
    I will try to open up the whole laptop and see where the BIOS chip is (and maybe I'll manage to plug out the CD drive first).
    I'll keep you updated (until I stop trying).

3. jorik

jorik MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    Lol, I did thank you in advance, but thanks again for uploading it Gradius ;-)
    However, I didn't find a way to replace my faulty BIOS chip yet :(

4. JagerMeister

JagerMeister MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2011
    UHmm... I´ve a question---this is a step by step..what I´s do
    1-downloaded BIOS 3239 and intall...reboot..
    2-then downloaded BIOS 5670 series...flash with winf...all OK, so reboot
    3-press F2...and BIOS is same...Nothing change...BIOS 1.3239?...Why??
    Plz upload screenshot for change BIOS...thnks :worthy:

5. oldmanbluntz

oldmanbluntz MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    any way you can re up the file somewheres else again? with megaupload being taken down and all your links there do not work anymore.

6. oldmanbluntz

oldmanbluntz MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    nevermind, i found a working link of yours @ www dot mediafire dot com slash download.php?5tmccjjrlmg

7. oldmanbluntz

oldmanbluntz MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    i can also verify that the modified bios did indeed work, but the cert and key included in his file do not work. they worked initially, but then when doing updates overnight, it told me my copy of windows was not valid anymore. with a quick swap of the cert and key with newer ones, and its back in business. i had to locate links for the aforementioned cert and key elsewhere on these forums, but it was quite simple. thank you for this Gradius.

8. funkymarquis

funkymarquis MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2013
    Hello everybody,

As I bricked my acer aspire 5671, I made some inquiries to find a solution. And I found this old post. I try to vd download files from the link you gave then, but they appear to be all down.
    Is there any chance that you still have them, somewhere on a dusty area of your HDD?

Thx!