All about UEFI. Both threads are merged. Beta testers are welcome.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by doakh, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Yoshi

Yoshi MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2009
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    If it was built, it can be modified......Such is the way of mechanics:D:D

Relax folks...understanding is key......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #23 911medic, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. motion55

motion55 MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Can you go back?

Should I flash my board to this EFI bios, can I still reflash it back to the older non-EFI ones?

If BIOS mods are shut out then people could be choosing a different brand or model that is still moddable. Asus should keep that in mind should they decide to go with these non-moddable BIOSes.

5. jm287

jm287 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2008
    Yes, but you have to use the same LEPRG.EXE flash tool to downgrade. The normal AFUDOS does not work when the bios is EFI.

6. MapHtH

MapHtH MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Hi guys!

Yeah, I know, this has been said on the first page, but anyway;

Does my motherboard support this (U)EFI?
    P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n

And, has someone already flashed this?

Thank You

7. omiez

omiez MDL Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Any news about (U)EFI modding/flashing ?

8. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    shaumux here we meet again, coreboot else no go! :-D

mmmmi been reading the asus forums and they been nagging like hell with memory hole and memory mapping. this is frikkin chweetttttttttt! lawl!

finally finally mmmm remember what i said? tianocore and coreboot? or openbios? ultimately everything with intel/amd will be changed to tianocore aka UEFI bios then all these methods will be obsolete.

i did finish up reading 270 pages of intel gm965 and intel fv which is the firmware volume block which is where the firmware is passed bypassing the lock with a unlock method key is SO boring. my eyes hurt when i read so much god forsaken documentation.

and worse? i need to learn python. now wtf. python, tianocore is based on c. there are many things which require python. as i learn more and more and more? i will become more and more and more dumb and rejected by the society. as society never accepts my sayings till the last moment.

anyway tianocore was limited with intel till date and with mobo manuf i..e. intel mobo with phoenix and ami and insyde bios manuf, now they went to AMD its high time i push my luck with coreboot and tianocore as a payload.

:-D this is why i love participating in the future. once i am done with the fv firmware volume and understand the concept then i guess i can contribute with the slic X.X insertion or whatever more certificate needed.

mmmm
    the revolution has finally arrived.
    your answer is opensource. else doomed! ;-)

*****60 mins to download Opensource Linux OS on a T1, 20 cents,
    burning the iso on a blank cd/cdrw, 1 $,
    understanding the concept -> "nothing in your PC is owned by M$"=> PRICELESS;
    there are some OS on this planet you do need money to buy, for everything else there is GNU/Opensource OS which is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!*****:D
    ladadada! ;-)
    p.s. i started working with tianocore and coreboot, and that leaves with broken PC and OS everytime. sit tight, i will try my best on how to uncrack this mysterious tianocore. there's been some docu, but still i am new to this. so i need to understand loads of things WRT tianocore and coreboot. if anyone willing to contribute time holla me! *Please Don't "EXPECT" miracles overnight, give us men at work time to fix this issue." bye

9. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    each document from intel is 900+ pages, please read those and help us than just shout and scream for help. this is as of now an one or 2 man army, help us read the docu and contribute. i have finished 1/4 th the document and i am literally frustrated and feel like i am loosing my cool. there is too much s**t load of intel and coreboot and tianocore docs to read and get my eyes screwed. DONT SIT THERE AND BEG, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE. atleast you can read up this makes work easy, than one or 2 doing the donkey work.
    thanks!

10. doakh

doakh MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    #33 doakh, Nov 1, 2009
    (OP)
  11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Why are you reading all the specifications when you can't decompose any of the bioses?

All you need are:
    1. Tools
    2. ACPI specifications
    3. Probably IDA

Without 1. it's not worth to start.

12. andyp

andyp SLIC Tools Author

Aug 8, 2008
    #35 andyp, Nov 6, 2009
  13. anmg

anmg MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
  14. _D_

_D_ MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Thanks !

very interesting

15. anmg

anmg MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I am not sure, but may be we do not need to modify it?
    May be somebody can make EFI extension which can be usefull and for intel mb?

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #40 Yen, Nov 7, 2009