All Apps must be distributed via AppStore and MS takes 30% Profit do you like this po

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by IntelligenceArtifi, Nov 29, 2011.

?

Do you like the policy

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    86.5%
  1. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    Metro apps will not be on the corporate computers for a long, long time. Many companies, including one of the Big 4 with over 160,000 employees worldwide, are still using Windows xp, they want to use xp until it's dead, then "upgrade" to w7.

2. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Then upgrade to W7? By the time XP dies (2014) Windows 9 will be released.

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's common practice. We here have ~3200 employees worldwide. Still using xp. Plan to migrate to w7: end of next year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    I moved from Windows Vista to Windows 7 since Beta 1. I was using Win 7 Beta 1 as my primary OS. And now I am using WDP as my primary OS.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's different if you use your PC privately at home or in the company.
    We are talking about a few thousands legit licenses.
    Anyway I never would use a non final version as my primary OS. Furthermore I'd say it's stupid.

I really hope the corporate versions of next windows versions don't have metro, or at least disabled by default.
    I told that already: A network of a company has to be safe. Therefore the clients are restricted. I can't download here and I can't install anything here.

And that is just reasonable from the admin's point of view. He's responsible for the data and security.
    So my conclusions apps / metro are useless on corporate computers, since any real admin would disable it.

ARM version yes
    Intel versions no, except home editions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    Distribute all via AppStore is silly ...
    M $ wants money ...
    The same thing I say the release of Windows 8 ...
    Windows 7 launched and already wants to launch another system ...
    MetroUI: a change is unnecessary!

I see everyone using Linux ... haha
    M $ will be crazy ... :whistle3:

7. Melvarius

Melvarius MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    Oh God NO!!!! :nono: This is not good for anyone. Period!

Too much control over what a user can/can't install on their own property. I remember reading somewhere that Crapples new Mac OS was/is destined to only be able to install software/apps via the App store thus giving Apple complete control of the software market for their devices. M$ it would appear may be attempting the same stunt.

I'm sure they'll B.S. about making the platform more secure and virus free (having vetted all submissions to their store). Apple have used that excuse and I can think of at least 2 high profile failures on that count. One of which quite recently.

The average brain dead P.C. user will no doubt welcome with open arms the 1 stop shop convenience of an App store. Failing to realise that they can no longer shop around for a really good deal.

M$ have probably done some projections based on number of P.C.'s and average spend on software per P.C. (30% of which they will skim off for themselves) and are probably still trying to chissel off their shorts.

I can't see any legal challenge being successful as Apple have been getting away with a similar monopoly for quite a few years now.
    :grabbounce: :grabbounce: :grabbounce: :grabbounce: :grabbounce:

8. Sugadevan

Sugadevan MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Microsoft to reveal details on its Windows 8 app store next week (Tuesday, December 6, 4-6PM) :worthy:

9. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #29 CODYQX4, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019