Anyone else vastly underwhelmed by Windows Phone?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by mirgenjirgen, Mar 20, 2015.

1. mirgenjirgen

mirgenjirgen MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    I was one of those who jumped over to WP8 as soon as it came out. The interface was exciting, and the few limitations that I could find in them would be fixed with upcoming versions.

But then they weren't. All the while, I'm hearing about MS is trying to mod Cyanogen for Windows Phone and all of these "cool" things. Yet, I still can't open a .csv file in Excel, or download and attach a .csv to an email. These are obviously just examples since I have to deal with it all day at work, but I'm tired of hearing "Windows 10 is coming soon and it's going to change everything!" and take a moment to fix the small stuff first.

2. anuseems

anuseems MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2008
    windows phone

same here. Join windows insider program if it's not your primary phone. In current avatar the OS needs lot of improvements . hope to see them in OS 10.

3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The problem is as you pointed out, some simple things can't be done on Windows Phone or just break after a bit of use, like Google Calendar sync. You will want to like it, but it will drive you nuts after a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    M$ is late and the competitors are ahead. Android had such issues, too. But already 5 years ago. A 'new' OS has issues, that's normal.
    Why waiting for somebody who is too late and join their 'insider' program? Go with those who feel fit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...