Anyone willing to help me fix my network? Will pay.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Dorian1991, May 22, 2019.

1. Dorian1991

Dorian1991 MDL Novice

May 20, 2019
    Hey guys -
    I am currently owned. Entire network. I used Daz for years, used KMS, and I believe it is coming back to haunt me. I've been dealing with this for over a year. I sincerely am asking for help. I believe I have a bad bios, I can not get rid of whatever this is with a full wipe, even new hd's don''t help.

I am fairly confident it is related to android or my router. I honestly can't trust anything I download - no signatures I have are valid. Files downloaded don't match in the code.

I seriously just need some guidance - and I'm pretty sure you know what I mean. Anything... Please. A year is long enough.

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    If you are willing to pay why don't you try a local fixer?

3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    So funny you are smartass. And why you do assure it's related to that s**t in the first place? Huh? ;) :D

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #4 Enthousiast, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    @Dorian1991

The router is not in game or dmz mode? This can cause bad downloads.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Recap? Recap of just "I used Daz for years, used KMS, and I believe it is coming back to haunt me" ? Really? :D

But I'll stop here cause surely you won't. You always try to win the discussion/argue at all cost, no matter what. Besides I don't want to pollute this thread or argue/fight vs you cause mods/admins surely prefer your monopolistic presence here in MDL rather than me, so they could ban me. :D

6. Dorian1991

Dorian1991 MDL Novice

May 20, 2019
    I've paid 3 people - no luck. I'm even in a tech area, haven't found anyone that understands it. Over their head. I don't know it is related, just my gut.

7. Dorian1991

Dorian1991 MDL Novice

May 20, 2019
    I rooted my phone Feb of last year, upgraded to 1 gig service around same time. Hack has been occuring since March 2018 (or longer). I have no idea what is causing it - but I have a s**tload of "user service agreements" from GPL and CC groups, patterns in all sorts of s**t, and all of my drivers are s**t - almost all of them. If anyone has a clue, give me a hint please.

8. Dorian1991

Dorian1991 MDL Novice

May 20, 2019
    Sorry to bump this, just thought I could maybe throw a few keywords out there - appears to have a remote image of my system which will install when I try a clean wipe. All internet images are base 64 and seem to be encoded as well as images in general - I haven't figured it out, like I said I'm not an expert, but if someone told me to guess elements of what is happening I'd say it has to do with some sort of preboot image of windows and linux, encoding in images, hidden system directories on my network that I can not access, HEX encoding, etc etc.

Anything I download is a "modified" version of what I am looking for. Download Firefox, look at the signature and half of the values are clearly manipulated. Root certs, clearly manipulated - but I can't download "real" ones because I can't trust what ends up on my side.

Please don't make fun - I know it sounds crazy. If anyone can help I would sincerely appreciate it. Over a year - life is really getting bad.

9. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    1. It sounds like your router is having problems and corrupting downloads.
    2. Your rooted phone shouldn't have anything to do with it.
    3. Do you have any laptops that can be wiped and installed with a fresh & legitimate copy of Windows 7 or 10?

10. Dorian1991

Dorian1991 MDL Novice

May 20, 2019
    It is not only corrupt downloads - the files download just fine, their signatures are invalid and they don't operate 100% correctly. The real big issue is my OS seems like it is backed up on my network - so even if I do a clean install (from any pc or laptop), the problem is immediately back.

I have tried Windows 10, 7, XP, and even Vista. Additionally, I have tried Linux Mint, Debian, Arch, Manjaro, you name it - all similar issues. I can not figure it out, no one locally can either. It is extremely frustrating. Switching routers doesn't help - my ISP can't do anything about it. Unless someone who happens to know exactly what I have chimes in, I think I'm out of luck.

I'm not saying the bios flash I did is responsible, just thought that folks technical enough to create custom Bios's may have an idea as to what is up. This has affected 8 different pc's in my network.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Get another PC, borrowed or new, whatever.
    Then disconnect all networked PCs
    Try with this computer alone.
    So so strange your issue.

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Smoking crack and wearing tin foil hats will 100% cause this issue

13. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Or this:
    roflao

14. Dorian1991

Dorian1991 MDL Novice

May 20, 2019
    I get it - it sounds crazy. And I can't find anything really pertaining to it on the web other than some really serious crap that there is zero chance I would be targeted with (like nsa type stuff). I'm a nobody so there isn't any reason someone would single me out. Like I said - I've had 3 local folks come out and reached out to some folks I know that do embedded linux work and they could all tell there was an issue, but didn't know how to fix it.

I can appreciate the humor, but when you have been dealing with this for a year, and that is the response you receive on EVERY SINGLE FORUM you inquire at, it get's frustrating.

15. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #15 MrMagic, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Fair enough, Can you download something that gets corrupted like you said FF installer, make sure it has done the same thing as you say, then upload it here for someone to take a look at?

Bad RAM can do things like that too

Also clean install a machine that suffers from this, but disconnect it from the network entirely first, see what happens

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #16 urie, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    It can happen to anyone few days back I got hit with GANDCRAB V5.2 on my laptop it even corrupted my acronis backup files on second hard drive I had in cd/dvd caddy. I'm glad I did not connect up external hard drive at the time or it would have also got hit before I formatted my machine. Here is sample of one of the .txt file it put in every folder where it corrupted files.
    Code:
    ---=    GANDCRAB V5.2    =---

***********************UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE, UNTIL ALL YOUR DATA IS RECOVERED***********************

*****FAILING TO DO SO, WILL RESULT IN YOUR SYSTEM CORRUPTION, IF THERE ARE DECRYPTION ERRORS*****

Attention!

All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted and have the extension: .WUEBIZLFAN 

The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key. Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files.

The server with your key is in a closed network TOR. You can get there by the following ways:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 0. Download Tor browser - (Link Deleted)
    | 1. Install Tor browser
    | 2. Open Tor Browser
    | 3. Open link in TOR browser:   (Link Deleted)                    
    | 4. Follow the instructions on this page

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                 

On our page you will see instructions on payment and get the opportunity to decrypt 1 file for free.

ATTENTION!

IN ORDER TO PREVENT DATA DAMAGE:

* DO NOT MODIFY ENCRYPTED FILES
    * DO NOT CHANGE DATA BELOW

17. Dorian1991

Dorian1991 MDL Novice

May 20, 2019
    I had the computer disconnected from the web for 3 months while trying to diagnose it. I even went as far as to have all cell phones removed from my home for a few hours at a time to troubleshoot it. My motherboard has a wifi older sibling, and although I don't have the wi-fi version, it has an input for it on the board - I was worried there was a chance that was how it kept regenerating. Didn't help.

Yes - I can download firefox or something small and upload it. Will have to wait till I am on a different machine though. Thank you for taking me seriously.

No antivirus has picked up anything - I don't know what it is. Last thing I would want to do is upload something and then have it infect someone else's machine - so if a mod could approve it first or something I'd feel more comfortable. Trust me, you don't want this

18. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Post the damn link to download!
    Just do it for f sake!

19. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
  20. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012