Are 16 Stickies really needed at the top of every page???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Fetishquest, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Thats the whole point of a sticky...

2. LeetPirate

LeetPirate MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Hi:p

I agree with the person that suggested that there be better organisation with sub forums and the rules can be taken off, nobody reads rules from stickies.:D

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We have already discussed about and today we start to combine stickies.
    'Nobody reads rules from stickies'

I think if someone doesn't read the rules from stickies, he doesn't read them at all...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    1. I agree
    2. How would YOU check if somebody has read them or not? Using a webcam? :D

3. Every new member starts with a reputation power of 5 and a reputation level of 25. This means if you have got 5 reputation power points and you make a reputation to another member you can add to them 5 points to his reputation level (good rep) or take away 5 (bad rep).

With every 5 points of reputation level your reputation power increases / decreases by one.
    Every year of membership you'll get one point of reputation power and every 500 posts also.

So you have at least lost one point of reputation level if your rep power has decreased to 4!!!

So it's almost all about the members here. They have to use the rep system more often.
    And vbulletin doesn't know if it's a spam bot or not, once it is registered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    There may be an addon/option to make them read rules before posting. I am trying to find the option but its difficult without admin. I will probably install a test board to see...

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I don't want to force a member into read something.

We are free people and we have rules. If somebody don't respect the rules and breaks them, he don't respect them when forced as well.

Social behaviour is a matter of education. And to try it by force isn't a good way to educate.