Arima HDAMA and HDAMB Motherboard BIOS Fixes

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tqhoang, Jul 7, 2010.

1. caylor93

caylor93 MDL Junior Member

Apr 27, 2010
    TQ,

Can I also get a HDAMA-I 1.22 + SI SATALink + PowerNow for Opteron 280 (OSA280FAA6CB)?

For SATA only, no RAID?

Thanks

2. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Jason - I'll get to sometime this weekend...since this is my first Opteron 285.

3. caylor93

Apr 27, 2010
    I will, but not running the 280's on the rev-D and earlier boards. Running 244's and if I remember correctly you advised against running the 280 BIOS with those CPUs because it could damage them.

Want to make sure that everything works fine with the normal BIOS, then try the later BIOS.

4. caylor93

Apr 27, 2010
    HDAMA-I 1.22 + SI SATALink + PowerNow for Opteron 280 (OSA280FAA6CB) works like a champ so far. Hopefully will get around to testing the Rev-D BIOS tomorrow or Sunday.

5. ljcomp

ljcomp MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2010
    Hi All, Have to report the server froze after a few hours, so it looks like I am no further forward.

LJ

6. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    It just sounds like the CMOS was corrupted that the BIOS couldn't boot. If the 2.18B is running ok, I'd recommend that one since there are AMD errata fixes in those.

No worries. I'll just keep it in my local archive. From now on, I'll probably be making SATA RAID and SATALink BIOS'es for all of them.

Thanks...it's only the PowerNow BIOS'es that really take the time...your recent requests are just using Phoenix BIOS Editor and just replacing full modules.

Please keep us posted if any of your servers with the PowerNow BIOS lockup/freeze after a week or more of uptime. I still don't know what is causing the people with Opteron 250 E4's to lockup (I suspect the guy who asked for the Opteron 252 E4 support will have the same problem too).

7. caylor93

Apr 27, 2010
    TQ,

Let me know if there is anything you need help with...I have one or two spare systems right now that I could set up for testing and such.

I have not had one lock-up yet on any of my systems, but I think I am running all HDAMA-I boards. It will be interesting to see if the Rev-D boards have any long-term issues. I have really only run the board long enough to update BIOS and install and boot Server 2008 R2 multiple times.

Here is the RW-Everything CPU MSR reports for the HDAMA-I running dual 280's and the v1.22 BIOS:

8. ljcomp

ljcomp MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2010
    TQ, heres my RW Everything MSR report, hope it helps. HDAMA rev G duel opteron 250.

LJ

9. omegadraconis

omegadraconis MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    I have been running the second bios for 285's (SATALink) for the last few days. Since I have a rev e board there is no sata controller on-board but, both do post and run correctly. Power now is working correctly under freebsd. Been running under on and off heavy load from several VM's for 1day, 4hours. I tested 2008 server briefly (lost a scsi drive, unrelated to bios change) and powernow did seem to be working. I want to load 2008 again and put it under some heavy load this week to double check. I will report back at the end of the week after some more stress testing.

10. robert_newbie

robert_newbie MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2010
    another beta BIOS put out by Arima - for the rev-E

I have 2 rev-D boards. Naturally my interest is in finding what if anything will work for these boards. I am confident that several of the BIOSs found in this thread will allow the rev-D board to run Windows 7 and Server 2008, possibly even with duel core support. There is still a question as to how stable the boards will run.

I came across another experimental/beta BIOS acquired from Arima support for the HDAMA rev-E board, they never officially released this BIOS. It does give duel core support for that revision of the board. I have seen feedback on several sites that this BIOS runs stable duel core support for the rev-E board and some mention of the rev-D board.

h**p_www_dot_lovenotestudios.com/DashcatPSC/HDAMA_BIOS_v2.09.zip

h**p_www_dot_ovenotestudios.com/DashcatPSC/boot98.exe

More talk on this BIOS can be found here:

h**p_forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=91801

h**p_hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1473938&highlight=hdama&page=4

11. mercury97

mercury97 MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2010
    HDAMA Rev F? 2.13

Hi, been lurking around for a while now, Congrats for all the progress & hard work on these boards tqhoang!

I've bought myself one of these Servers off eBay, Trying to ID the board.. The letter in the Serial would seem to indicate its an 'F' and it came running BIOS 2.13.. not seen any other reference to an F though so I could be wrong.. any way to ID it in software

Currently running with 250's but managed to pick up some cheap 275's (OSA275FAA6CB) - are they supported on 2.13 or do I need to upgrade??

I'm running centOS on it which has installed fine so I guess not too many issues with ACPI (although the sata raid set isn't recognised at present - just individual drives)
    although I may stick 2008 on If thats going to be possible?

12. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    You have the "HDAMA-F rev.G". It does support dual-core CPU's, but the PowerNow support might be hit or miss.

If you want PowerNow and plan on using CentOS 5 or Windows 7/2008, then you need my BIOS 2.18B with the PowerNow for Opteron 275 (OSA275FAA6CB).