At Startup a cmd and temp window open...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ThomasMann, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    The Fujitsu may have a hidden recovery partition, and you could do factory recovery, Then backup whole drive then format it there are other tools out there other than kill disk that maybe easier for you to work Acronis DiskDirector is just one example Download Patch from https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/acronis-true-image-activation-patch.56395/ Details for download of Acronis True Image and Disk Director are in archive.

I don't understand why you say Fujitsu will not work any one should work As Long as you Have correct Drivers. It looks like you are not going to do clean Installation in that case at least do full system backup even though it is has the error you cannot always trust system restore.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    still unsolved better do a complete format and reinstallation

4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Thank You,
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something here...
    When Í use my Ulti 64bit iso, which came form this site (on a USB stick), there is a point during the installation, where the existing partitions are shown and I ask them all to be deleted. Which is what I do everytime I re-install Win 7 anywhere and except for his laptop, never has there been anything left over.
    So, with this Fujitsu there might be hidden partition, which gets not deleted?

Killdisk: I once used it, and it really killed a SSD... so I do not want to use it again.
    Backup: I do a backup of my files and folders. Everything else gets freshly downloaded and installed.
    Uninstallers: I used ccleaner uninstaller, even though I was sure it would not delete anything from its own company. Then I checked with the MS uninstaller, then geek uninstaller (which I usually use) and then Revo uninstaller. That makes four, and none of them found anything that includes the word Avast.
    Nothing from Avast has ever been installed on the Fujitsu at all.

Your last two lines make no sense to me...

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Thanks...

I wrote "ccleaner form the good old days", which means an old version from the time before they got together with Avast.... There is no computer in this house with anything Avast on it, not for several years now.

If my memory serves me well, it is a Lifebook from the E series

6. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Of course... I am simply interested how this is possible, that was my question. Also wehn the pop up comes, one mouseclick and it goes away until the next computer restart. Also it is not my computer... I am the one who installed the 7Ulti, which I have done often, and never did anything t´like that occur. The same ulti iso also runs on this computer.

"still unsolved better do a complete format and reinstallation"
    Which actually is what I did in the first place (replacing 7pro), or rather the 7Ulti installation did, or maybe should have done...

7. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    What exact model Fujitsu SSD do you have?

8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Here is what is in there:
    current user.png local machine.png

9. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    To make that one clear: The cmd pop up came from the beginning August 2018, the enhancer post was in May 2019

10. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    One more the log on tab: autoruns.png

11. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    It is a Samsung 750 EVO

12. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Attached Files:

13. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I finally found something
    Thanks. I examined the entries, while those two windows were still open and found:

P_20190615_133953_BF.jpg

P_20190615_133716_BF.jpg

Thanks.... now how do I get rid off it?
    And, if possible, why is there at all?

14. DukiSync

DukiSync MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2010
  15. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Now we get a bit further on this issue. Check what process PID 556 is. Note the PIDs can change when processes are terminated and relaunched.

@DukiSync The process is not BITSAdmin, it tries to launch BITSAdmin (using a command line shell).

So, there is not a batch file because everything is specified in the commandline. The "&&" chains commands together that'll be executed one after another.
    Looks to me like a "finishing script" as it completes the download done over BITSAdmin (which is deprecated btw.), waits for three seconds, and then launches the Chrome installer. Well, that was the plan, but something went wrong and now the thing is stuck. Just need to find out where. It's actually not Task Scheduler, as that one uses Taskeng.exe to launch things. It's some kind of registered service doing that.