Award & AMI Bios mod requests. Previous requests

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ancestor(v), Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Puhh. You scared me not replying a long time. It took a load off my mind.:D

Glad to hear:) Does it activate?

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks for your feedback :D.

3. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
    #104 haXXa, Oct 30, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
    This is really odd.

Everest sure finds lots of ACPI tables, but no SLIC table :confused:

Should i try to flash again?

(PS: Used the memory stick as you said )

I am very thankful for you guys here trying to help me, thaks for your time :)

EDIT:

I'm sorry, some things with greater importance came up :)

If something went really wrong I'd log onto here with one of the 3 other computers in the house ^^

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hmmm. Install AcpiScope please and goto file-->load acpi info from bios (or something like that). Save report file and upload. I have to analyze to see what I can do. No, flashing again doesn't change the facts.
    It seems that something prevents the mapping of SLIC.

Yen

P.S. No prob. I did a mod some months before. The guy didn't reply and caused a unrecoverable black screen. That is far off my intension!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
    #106 haXXa, Oct 30, 2007
    Oooh. Thats no fun. However, its his own fault. He knew the risk.

I downloaded ACPIScope and saved the report or whatever it is. It is attatched to this message :)

I'd love to buy Vista, but in the country where i am located, it costs 750 USD, and as a student, that is WAY off my budget.

I am very greateful to you Yen, and the others smart resourceful ppl out there running this community :)

Attached Files:

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    O.K. Thanks a lot. It'll take some time to analyze it. I'll reply for sure. If not today anymore then next day...

BTW: That guy wasn't angry with me. As his Laptop came back from repair I was able to mod his bios. The no-go brought me into the right direction. This was the least I could do for him....

Yen

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #108 Yen, Oct 30, 2007
    One more question: Shows everest a table called test? I assume not!

Edit: The RSDT and the XSDT table have got the right OEM and OEM table ID, but nothing more. I have to look what's up with that special slp2.0 command. I'lll try a new mod tomorrow. Did you flash the rom or the wph file?

O.K. IMO my mod flashed right cause we used the BBL command which flashes the bootblock as well. This is the difference to the other trials. The other mods cause not a black screen because of modifying the code. I really think it hasn't appeared cause of the additional BBL command. You can try to flash the mod again using the slp command:

PHLASH16 BIOS.WPH /X /MODE=3 /PF=SLP2 To flash the bootblock is not necessary cause it's the same file! It probably becomes necessary if you want to re-flash the original bios again.

This is the first time I've heard of such a command. After that please check AcpiScope again.

Yen

8. ezhik

ezhik MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
  9. cyclops

cyclops MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2007

Thanks for your feedback :D

10. salvia

salvia MDL Novice

May 18, 2007
  11. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
  12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #120 Yen, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
    I'm at work and don't have the tools here! Later in about 4 hours I'll have a look again. I hope we'll finally succeed!;)

Edit: This is one of the strangest bios I've ever seen!! The SLIC is in now, but the oem and the oem table ID were RESET with Compal and CRESTLNE at RSDT and XSDT table. New idea:

Flash again using: PHLASH16 BIOS.WPH /X /MODE=3
    Clue: SLP2 data (SLIC) I hope will stay while BIOSCOD1.ROM will be updated.

I exactly need to know at your first flash did you use *.rom or wph file? And at the second flash, same as well?

IMO the mod is done, but how to flash the data properly??

Yen