Award bios, (need advice)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by re*s.t.a.r.s.*2, Nov 6, 2007.

1. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

re*s.t.a.r.s.*2 MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2007
    #1 re*s.t.a.r.s.*2, Nov 6, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Nov 6, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
    Please link to the original bios as well. I'll have a look on it later this week;)

BTW: The easiest way at Award bioses is to add the ISA module.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The link to the original and your modded bios is the same now:confused:

Hehe, but I've got it already before. Oho.. you missed to extract and release the acpi table before you inserted the uncompressed SLIC.!!! So do this before!!! And you missed to modify the ACPI table and to insert it again!

The isa mod is very easy to do. And you can't make a mistake. At some boards it doesn't work cause the SLIC is not called. A isa mod NEVER caused a bricked board so far. Since the bios chip is soldered I suggest to you to try a ISA mod. It should work at this board.

The modded one I've checked is well done. You can try it as well. This mod works for sure.

BTW: The inserted uncompressed SLIC is at offset 2E310h, so the calculated pointer is FFFC0000h + 2E310h = FFFEE310h. To insert as 10 E3 FE FF at extracted AND RELEASED ACPI module. Before you'll do that you have to add 4 Zero bytes to extend the space right before the FACP string. Raise table length byte +4 from 2Ch to 30h, edit OEM and OEM table ID string as well. At the end insert the modified ACPI table again. It appears now at the END of the module list.

As you can see this is more complex to do.
    You want to try a self made mod? Choose ISA!

Yen

4. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Apr 28, 2007

Am i missing something, the threads i have read doesnt tell anything of extracting and editing, how do i extract acpi table?
    when i get the ACPI table will i have to edit it too?
    just like if it where B1 in AMI'S bioses?

and Yen i tried the ISA module but becouse i found the SLIC info with the modded bios provided here i thought it was bad made, am i correct?
    lets me see if i can make the hard one, tell me how to extract the ACPI table...

ok regards will see you tomorrow.. nites

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  6. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Apr 28, 2007
  7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Your mod is fine!:) The manual method you have done (superstatic v1 at Award) caused problems at newer bioses with minit modules. At your bios it's not a problem. A ISA mod is safer and easier as the SSV1. Use your ssv1 if ISA is not working or if you want to test it. IMO your mod should work.

AT A NEW BOARD WITH AWARD BIOS TRY ALWAYS ISA FIRST (or at Award bios from a ASUS board the bbpubkey / marker method) This two methods are very safe!!

Yen

8. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Apr 28, 2007
    Much Apreciated YEN, thanks for been a nice Person transfering your acknowledge thanks again.... :)