Bad car accident. Is driving in high stilettos safe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IntelligenceArtifi, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Petronium

Petronium MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2009
    This is just an example - hint.
    Nobody knows your preferences. According to them, you can choose shoes themselves.
    ;)

2. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    girls usually have:
    - shoes for walk
    - shoes for party
    - shoes for afternoon
    - shoes suitable for her bag
    - shoes suitable for her coat

please take on list SHOES FOR DRIVING A CAR (without heels if it is possible) !

next time it can be a child on the road ! think about that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Petronium

Petronium MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Comments is right. Listen to it. :bye1:

4. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Now, I'm really having hard time avoiding harsh words, but I'll try.

What does it matter if the driving shoes are "ugly" or not? :drive1:
    Do you really think people pay attention to shoes of drivers?
    When you're driving, you're not on the catwalk.

Driving with high heels is begging for trouble and the worst part is you can cause serious injuries to other people or even kill them with your vehicle. There are only two points you need to keep in your mind when you select your driving shoes:
    - Are they comfortable?
    - Are they safe for driving? Regadless of the floormat of your vehicle!

Only thing unsafe was your high heels. With proper shoes the floormat was safe.

Why you can't see the problem with your shoes, I have no idea whatsoever.
    Maybe it's a "girlie thing" or (in)famous "woman's logic"...

As for you being so accident prone? Practise, practise, practise.

High heels? Yes, but not when driving. :sad3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. You say if shoes are comfortable they are ok. The 5 inch stilettos I mentioned are comfortable enough so everything is fine then. I only had two accidents that were because of high heels and out of all my friends who drive in heels, there have been only 4 accidents because of them. My first high heel related accident was because of 7.5 inch shoes that were uncomfortable to drive in. Second accident was because of floormat.

6. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    Holy crap.

People have tried to explain to you time and time again that your choice of footwear is unsafe for driving.

You say you had 2 accidents related to high heels, well that's 2 accidents too many and if you can't get it through your head that it's your choice causing these accidents then you're beyond all hope.

Put the high heels in the trunk, you don't need to look like a hooker while you're driving :D

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    How comes that a girl that prefers to wear high heels when driving asks at a PC related forum for advice?

Is it the first hit at google?

I never have tried it myself to drive with them so I haven't any practical experience, but if you want to get rid of 10 kg of sand I suggest to read here...lol
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/2250-where-can-I-dispose-of-sand

MDL = My Distorted Life?

I guess you have missed something...

8. c-dan

c-dan MDL Member

Apr 22, 2011
    +1

Doesn't she get it?

9. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Because if she would post it in bimmer's forum those guys would eat her alive :D

10. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    #30 evlad, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    On MDL She is SHL bit by bit until bit remains :worthy: :D

11. Just to update on this. I've been continuing to drive like this and although I had another mishap it was not because of footwear so I assume it is safe!

12. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Good for you! :biggrin:

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Another mishap? Snagged your skirt on the gear selector and tumbled? Lol.

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    She is not taking it seriously, maybe when she ends up faced with some jail time then she will take it seriously.

15. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #35 CODYQX4, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

16. No, while exiting parking, I didn't realise that I had put the gear in first instead of reverse and hit car in front of me.

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    How did you get drivers license ? :confused:

18. By passing a driving test DUH. Its not like I use the wrong gear every time, mistakes can happen.

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Ouch! Lol.

I hit a friend's car when I dropped a cigarette and searched for it on the car's ground while driving backwards, lol.
    May I ask you is it you at the avatar or just your style of dress?

Are you just being sarcastic, what's so funny about that

That's a really strange question to ask, why would you want to know that?