Best CPU

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by vze2mp9g, Sep 22, 2016.

1. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Yes, I do understand you, and yes I am concerned in a month or two, the value drops very fast. Like I mentioned earlier, I will be doing a lot of video conversions and then editing to upscale the quality to almost "movie" quality video.

Basically, many people have older family videos on VHS / BETA tapes, and I will be digitizing them to a SSD, then converting the videos to a higher quality but improving the color and saturation to almost Blu-Ray quality.

If you can suggest a cheaper, system that will do the same thing, I'm willing to entertain your suggestion. Then again, any system anyone builds will devalue over time. That is with everything, cars, boats, homes, etc.

What I'm trying to do is put a system together today, and hopefully in ten years, I am still be able to the same thing I'm today, provided that I do maintenance and don't have inexperience employees screwing things up by playing on the internet, improper shutting down and starting up the computer, and so on.

People say they are tech savvy, but they really don't know as much as they think, and a lot of people do not respect employers systems. I'm not saying that I know a lot, I don't, that's why I'm on MDLF, where people share their knowledge and experiences. It's hard to find people here on MDLF without getting their egos in the way.

I respect everyone on MDLF and their comments, no matter what it may be. I hope you can suggest an alternative system that will be cheaper without loosing quality.
    Thanks...
    :worthy:

2. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Your right. Those "gaming days" are in the past with the C64/128, Amiga 2000, Amiga 4000. Plus today's games have violence, sex, and so on. I've moved on to more serious issues, like making a living to bring money in so that I can take care of my mother so that she doesn't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from. She raised me, and now that my father (her only husband) has been gone three years come December 26, 2016, I am trying not to have her to concerned about financial issues, and that's very difficult today.

I thank you for your comments.

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    That ought to have a SSD in it to be considered

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    u can put one in....that still about $900 cheaper that what he wants to build.

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    yes of course!
    and today you can get a 250gb ssd for under $100. easily

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    what he can do is install a ssd as the primary drive with the OS and a 2 or 4 of the designing apps that hes using for work and keep the 2TB drive as secondary for storage. thats it boom start making mone$$$$;)

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I have checked the board it is v4 compatible since BIOS 3204.

There are a lot of different opinions/ways regarding video capturing. I don't have own practical experiences with it.
    I know there are a lot of (expensive) external converter available....and I know almost anything (result/time) depends on your workflow of data processing...from being a hobby photographer.

Video conversion and the like are special works I'd have a look at special forums...
    But your're right the Apple/Mac myth for this kinda work is over..since 2010 already...so it is for Audio

Well one more thing why do you plan ECC RAM? Do you have to qualify scientific work/server?

Maybe go for a rig without K80 yet and test it. You can later add the K80 anyway...

P.S.: When you have bought it please let me know what it finally is....I am curious. :)

9. Al_Gore_Internet_Inventor

Mar 18, 2014
    I predict when the OP connects to the internet for the first time with their new system the very first article to appear is one about a newer, faster, better but less expensive system.

(Well, that would be my luck were I to do this) :mad:

10. Herischarles

Herischarles MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2017
    I think you should select Intel® Core ™ i7-6900K Processor. I'm using it and it's really good.

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014

hmm are you telling serious dude? :g:the op seem "normal" user I think, still Welcome to MDL

13. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @aditiaggarwal: Unless you're running a server or some kind of specialized software that uses multiple cores, that's a little overkill.

Kind of like using a shotgun to kill flies. :g:

And like Tiger-1 said.

Welcome to MDL :welcome2:

14. TrancëJay

TrancëJay MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2015
    I wish I was this "rich"

15. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    You can dream that you are rich with money, but without being rich with intelligence, you'll blow all your money away. Just like some people who win the lottery, and years later, they are in bankruptcy.

16. achat

achat MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2017
    A fast GPU and a bigger amount of fast RAM are most important...I mean why to buy NOW an expensive CPU when it is not needed at all...

17. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @achat yep you are correct, although depend what user go to work for example if he works with Blender, Autodesk, Photoshop is one another history :)

18. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    if you gonna do heavy video productions, I suggestion use ntel® Core™ i7-6950X Processor Extreme Edition
    (25M Cache, 3.0 GHz up to 3.50 GHz, 10 core / 20 threads) is good enough, ram, 16GB to 32GB is more enough.. 1 SSD for OS'es and applications (480GB to 500GB or 1TB) and 2 HDD (RAID level) 7200rpm or better. I suggestion 10krpm hdd RAID will do better.