Bios and Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by eixty1, Aug 10, 2007.

1. eixty1

eixty1 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2007
    Hi, I plan on installing Vista Ultimate 64bit version on a new PC. What would be some good methods to create a Pre-Activate Vista DVD.

I plan on getting Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P. The current non-beta bios is F4. I noticed their is already a modded bios version for that. If after using that bios and activating windows with it, if I were to update the bios again, would it deactivate windows and I would have to request an updated modded bios? Their is currently a F5H beta bios.

I was going to go the paradox route but they only offer 32bit. Their was another one that did do x64 but it loaded a screen during bootup and I'd prefer it not to.

If anyone could give me a nice step by step of what I need to do this, it would be appreciated. I know it is my responsibility if anything bad happens in bios and thank you.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Aug 10, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
    This kind of bios is easy to mod with ISA method. If Gigabyte has a new bios out you can mod it by yourself.
    Yes of course you will loose activation by updating a new original bios.

ISA mod is perfect for Gigabyte boards. Never heard of a bricked mobo using this method.
    How to create a DVD is described here in forum.
    Forget about "soft" activation methods. :)

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eixty1

eixty1 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2007
    Do you have a link to the ISA method and how to make a preactivated DVD with this method? Is their a reason why you quoted "soft" activation? Do you not considered it really a soft activation method? Thanks for your help.

4. eixty1

eixty1 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2007
    Okies, say I'd applied the modded bios. What files would I need to put in the Vista DVD to have it preactivate during install of Vista?

5. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    #5 zzdiesel, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #6 Yen, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. eixty1

eixty1 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2007
    I see, thank you both for your help.