Bios problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by allan5742, Nov 15, 2010.

1. allan5742

allan5742 MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Hello my friend pc has a problem in his bios. His pc does no boot in windows bios says the time is not current and password protected but he says he did not put any password in his bios so what i did is removed the bios battery in his pc for about 40 minutes to clear or back to original settings and clear the password and after 40 minutes i put the bios battery and after power on his pc the bios is back to original settings, i set the time and the password is already cleared so the pc is then boot to windows and everything's back to normal but today when he open his pc, again the bios problem occurred so when i think to do it again what i did, i think this is very much wasting of my time because it consumes a lot of time for me and for him. now my question is, is his bios infected by a virus or something wrong with his hardware attached to his motherboard that can affect the bios setting and why everytime he power on or restart his pc the bios password is popping-up, or his bios battery do i have to replace new one. Uhhhh i don't know what is happening to his pc somebody tell me what to do to those who encountered like this problem.

2. allan5742

Aug 26, 2010
    Uh-oh where are the experts? please help. thanks

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Sounds like the CMOS battery is actually dead and you need to replace it. After replacing it, make sure you clear the CMOS and reset the BIOS to default values.

4. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Next time you don't need 40 minutes to put back the CMOS battery, 1 minute is more than enough.

5. allan5742

Aug 26, 2010
    ok thanks i'll try to replace battery with new one. thanks