BIOS update?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by udidwht, Oct 10, 2011.

1. udidwht

udidwht MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2010
    I updated my BIOS from F6 > F7 but it still shows the old version from within Windows System Information. It's a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Rev 1.0

The update went successful no issues. I thought I recall hearing that Gigabyte was slow to show the actual revision number after updating the BIOS. Anyone hear of this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    What do you mean with 'slow to show'?
    Either it is an update with another version number string or not. Either the update has happened or not. If it has happened then the old version string is gone. To figure the version number have a look at the BIOS setup itself..or at the screen when booting up.
    Windows System Information might show wrong info.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. udidwht

udidwht MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2010
    I managed to get it to update from saving the BIOS on HDD and running from there. I read where Windows system info may show wrong BIOS version due to the way Gigabyte releases there BIOS (not actually showing correct version after update). All is good now and Windows system shows the correct version. Thanks