Bricked Studio Laptop 1457 not detecting USB after Bios Recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ziera, Feb 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ziera

ziera MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011

Dear tqhoang

Thank you, must be troublesome for you to upload such a huge file. Im currently downloading it. Appreciate your help, lately Ive been trying bios recovering methods, but none successful yet. I dont know if this cd image will work, but for this help, I owe you.

Thanks again

2. ziera

ziera MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    I replied to your inbox, but i dont see anything sent. In case you didnt receive my inbox, Id like to say huge thanks, it must be troublesome. I pray for your luckiness in life at all time.

Thanks

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    BTW, in case that ISO doesn't work for you, I've got a way of making a DOS Bootable CD that'll be a lot smaller...I just need to experiment a little to make sure that the SATA CD/DVD drive is detected by the DOS CD/DVD driver(s).

4. ziera

ziera MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    Well actually it didnt work. The problem is might be related with phlash16 (i use windows 32 bit os) or undetected bdrom (no way i could find out since the screen is dead) But I think I already cause you a lot of trouble. Im feeling sad for my poor laptop. I found bios chip on sale on ebay, for 21 usd, but I dont even know how to remove the current one. mobo is not on sale in ebay or anywhere else, reachable by google. do you have any other suggestion? maybe i can install the bios chip, but i cant find any tutorial on it.

but thank you. i hope you r having a great sunday. dont worry much abt my poor laptop. we are just both unlucky partner.

thanks again