Building Windows 8 - From Steven Sinofsky

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ODY123, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Madonna

Madonna MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    I can't post images yet, but imagine Darth Vader saying..

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    No, don't do that.

4. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    LOL, then I'll try to talk canouna to join PCBeta, I'd be happy to do all the translations for him. :D

5. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    If you want new members, don't do it, if not, then go ahead, you moderators may have more time to sleep...

6. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    Canouna has his "wife" Song Jiang to teach him Chinese... LOL

7. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    Whoever dare to hate you will be "Gone in 60 Seconds"... :roflmao:

8. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    #30 FaiKee, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    They always have a place to go: Banned Archives. :druff:

Edit: also from what I've heard, MS China has fired about a doz. employees, although nothing has been leaked, so I don't really look forward to a leak from this source, at least for now.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You seem to think we are joking believe me windows 8 section has been discussed in moderator section.
    As for new members do you really think we need more like some we have had in windows 8 section there has been more infractions and bans threads closed or deleted here that any where else because of arguments, spamming begging for leaks e.c.t.

10. Windows4live

Windows4live MDL Addicted

Jan 31, 2011
    Maybe we should restart the Windows 8 section, when the Build conference starts and Microsoft publish a Developer Preview or a Beta.

11. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Couldn't agree with you more. It is good that we do get the privilege to keep up to date with 8 developments, but I am starting to believe that the discussion here often deviates from its original scope. It is always nice to get a glimpse into the future from time to time, but this just doesn't justify all that fuss / creation of rumours / fake screenshots / people demanding leaks etc. People should at least wait for 8 to reach RC stage and then talk about it in more detail. It would have been more constructive for us to focus on existing issues, regarding current OSes i.e. 7 and place more emphasis on 8 in a more appropriate time in the future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    My primary goal is not to get more members at any cost and w8 is only one of many topics.
    Fact is that the w8 section requires a lot more moderation than the rest.

So we have to ask ourself if it is worth to go with the hype which is based on 50% fake just to be cool, or stay away and remain a reliable forum.

I had created the w8 section right after the first leak had happened.
    I am not sure if it was a good idea. I am watching the w8 section to gain experience about how to manage it in a good way.
    W8 won’t be the last OS so we can apply our experience when w9 is coming.

Some additional thoughts to all members...

Some members seem to have forgotten that MDL is providing free forums where everybody can post and get interesting stuff. All team members are voluntarily here.
    And I think to some members it is quite natural to have forums like MDL.
    It isn’t quite natural!

You need a moderation team which is intended to spend time for it. We all have a private life……
    And if you notice about a lack of moderation, just be tolerant and do not make demands.
    Make yourself clear that it isn’t for granted to have a forum like MDL.
    Sometimes personal interests should be of secondary importance.

The same is with my personal interest or the interests of the MDL team.
    In fact nobody of the team is interested in the w8 hype. We are waiting for an official release from M$.

But we have the forum because members have fun with it. And I am happy when the members are.
    The forum has been created for you, the members. The forums don't become useless because of the lack of moderation. They become useless because of useless posts that are posted by members.
    If every member keeps that in mind, the w8 forum becomes better without any additional moderation effort.

Thanks.

13. X-MEN

X-MEN MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    well said yen..!

Each individual should have self regulation in any forum they discuss. don't always depend on the moderators, read forum rules and try to follow it. that is the simple way to keep unnecessary demands or arguments.

most of the forum discussion based on fake information and arguments. which moderators can't help as majority members (specially new) are fancy about it.

Lets respect each moderators.

Lets keep our forum clean and free from fighting..!!!

:D:hug2:

14. GLYUKOZA

GLYUKOZA MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2011
    #36 GLYUKOZA, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
    Or better return win8 spam forum topic, a zone free from moderation. And let some whine, spit, swear, share a link to Fake this topic, while others say constructively in the remaining topics. At least, it's real fun, interesting conversation. Well, for those who lack the opportunity or need to talk to the subject of other topics.

15. Windows4live

Jan 31, 2011
    #38 Windows4live, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
    this found which is more "nicer" the lucky student who is linked on his page.

16. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    He is not a student. He is working in MS as Program Manager.

17. Windows4live

Jan 31, 2011
    yes you are right, but he looks young