Can I recovery???... I Have any chance???

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by laadiaz01, Apr 15, 2010.

1. laadiaz01

laadiaz01 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2010
    MMM... Here is my quest... if I flash the BIOS with the incorrect BIOS file, is there any chance to recover it??? Its AMI Bios, the MoBo is Asrock P4VM8, and when I turn it on, the fans spin, th HDD's appears to work, The CD/DVD units lights on and no beep... no nothing, no image... so i still believe that i have a chance... but i have tried many o the methods posted in the Recovery post and still nothing... an it appear that the floppy isn't working it's the only thing that don't do any sound or light led...

So... really i have a chance???

PD.: My first bricked MoBo... 1 of 10

Thanks for your time

2. 7ekn00

7ekn00 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    Yep, strip it back to 1 stick RAM, CPU & Floppy only (take everything else, including DVD, etc out) and try recovery. AMI will recover from FDD

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. laadiaz01

laadiaz01 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2010
    MMM... thanks for boths... still nothing... so i believe that i have one of two situations...

a.- A Bios with corrupted bootblock.... or

b.- A dead Bios chip...

PD.: reading on the forum (on the recovey procedure post) there says that are a metod using a JTAG port... so, anybody get how can I recovery with that method??? the Administrator says that he is working on a manual... so i must wait and wait... because on my country there is not way to get a new Bios chip...