Can M$ Detect BIOS Mods?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MrChris, Jun 24, 2007.

1. sunfish

sunfish MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Is SP1 beta safe for modded bios?

2. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    I have it on mine and had no problems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chronos

Chronos MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2008
    Maybe it will be offtopic... But!

The same thing is going on with KMS activation. Everyone knows that somewhere in Korea exists server which is free to access (and to activate your Business or Enterprise versions of Windows Vista). Microsoft MSDN forums were discussing that problem, but Korean KMS server is still ready to activate your copy of Windows. Why? Maybe Microsoft thinks, that we are not smart enough to find that method. If "Pirate" KMS server is still working there is no reason to tremble. Of course it is my IMHO.

Chronos.

4. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    I have to disagree with you because i have "sony vaio" slic and i know there is the some slic in the "sony vaio" desktop computer's :D

if there is any original OEM desktop computer from asus with slic i wonder what is wrote in his slic :rolleyes:

EDIT: oops i didn't see that post is too old... sorry

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. xStevenx

xStevenx MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2007
    Does everyone still feel the same about this now?

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The basics of my explanation are still true.
    Two points of view have changed:

-I saw super static addressed ACPI tables at a OFFICIAL OEM bios. To differentiate a mod and a official OEM bios is became more difficult.

-They really don't care about bios mods (no announcements of M$ to make them disabled)

7. xStevenx

xStevenx MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2007
    I didnt know that their was "official" super static mods now that is awesome! I was always worried that since they didnt really exist that it would be a red flag.

I think if bios mods were going to become more mainstream, then it would have. I think Microsoft knows that it's too complicated for the average user(like 95% of people). Now if W7 is able to be cracked by the same method, then thats a different story.